    my router dead (wired connections still work).

    Any suggestions would be great,

    Matt.

    Matt, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Seems like you're failing to associate to the router. You might try to
    streamline your setup a bit:

    Make sure you have the latest firmware for your router
    Reset the router to the defaults
    Don't use a hidden SSID
    Turn off extra services (including MAC filtering) and all encryption
    Turn ON basic WEP encryption - don't use "shared" access if it's an option.
    If you can get connected, ramp up your security and other settings as
    desired.

    Sounds like your laptop is okay. Can you connect to your AP with other
    clients/network cards?

    It's doubtful the neighboring Belkin is interfering with your AP.

    --
    Standard Disclaimers -
    and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], Jun 9, 2005