    have the rest of the network work. Can anyone help me with my technical
    cunundrum?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?QmxhZGVtYXN0ZXI=?=, Dec 1, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmxhZGVtYXN0ZXI=?=

    GTS Guest

    What do you mean by "dlink wants me to have a static IP?" Why do you think
    that? What is the actual problem?

    GTS, Dec 2, 2005

  3. The actiontec modem not router (sorry) automatically retrieves a ip address
    isntead of having a static IP. The dlink set up wants a static IP. I hope
    that is enough clarification

    =?Utf-8?B?QmxhZGVtYXN0ZXI=?=, Dec 2, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QmxhZGVtYXN0ZXI=?=

    GTS Guest

    Is your actiontec the combined DSL modem/wireless router unit? Please give
    the exact model number.
    It's the dwl G820 that need a static address, not the modem. It looks like
    the default address in the dwl G820 is in the same default subnet as the
    actionec, but I'm guessing at the models. Please answer the above and I can
    be more specific.

    GTS, Dec 3, 2005