    the update list, after AVG and Spyware Blaster.

    Thanks,
    JPM
    DemoDisk, Dec 27, 2007

  2. DemoDisk

    JANA Guest

    Try different update sources. You can see this option in the Spybot toolbar.
    Sometimes they have problems to transfer their data from particular servers.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "DemoDisk" <> wrote in message

    The newest Spybot update is in three parts totalling just over 1MB. Two
    of the files downloaded ok, but the updated hijacker detections DB
    (146K) keeps returning "Bad Checksum!!"

    This happened once months ago, and I thought some malware was preventing
    an update, but it worked after I rebooted. No luck this time, after
    several hours & about six tries.

    Is anyone else having trouble updating Spybot? FWIW, it was third on

    JANA, Dec 27, 2007

  3. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message
    > Try different update sources. You can see this option in the Spybot

    toolbar.
    > Sometimes they have problems to transfer their data from particular

    servers.

    It worked (after the second attempt).

    Thanks, I should have thought of that. I guess I panicked.
    DemoDisk, Dec 27, 2007
  4. DemoDisk

    Plato Guest

    DemoDisk wrote:

    > The newest Spybot update is in three parts totalling just over 1MB. Two
    > of the files downloaded ok, but the updated hijacker detections DB
    > (146K) keeps returning "Bad Checksum!!"

    bad checksum generally means a bad .zip download. Try again.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Dec 31, 2007
  5. DemoDisk

    DemoDisk Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > DemoDisk wrote:
    > >
    > > The newest Spybot update is in three parts totalling just over 1MB.

    Two
    > > of the files downloaded ok, but the updated hijacker detections DB
    > > (146K) keeps returning "Bad Checksum!!"

    > bad checksum generally means a bad .zip download. Try again.

    These were not .zip downloads, but thanks anyway, Plato. The file DL'ed
    when I tried an alternate site. Maybe the file at the original site was
    corrupted. <shrug>

    JPM
    DemoDisk, Dec 31, 2007