    know my user name and p/w is correct cause this works!
    help please!
    Marie

    TillmanProductions.com, May 27, 2006

  2. On Sat, 27 May 2006 08:08:22 +0000, TillmanProductions.com wrote:

    > rt.helpdesk
    > Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 08:08:22 GMT
    >
    > I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I first
    > have to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came across this
    > news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never checked email
    > through web or any other form. tried to set it up through outlook, not
    > working. I know my user name and p/w is correct cause this works! help
    > please!
    > Marie

    Go to your provider's web page and search for the settings.

    OR

    Call them.

    Doh.

    Gary G. Taylor, May 27, 2006

  3. TillmanProductions.com

    Martin Guest

    TillmanProductions.com wrote:
    > I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I first have
    > to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came across this
    > news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never checked email through
    > web or any other form. tried to set it up through outlook, not working. I
    > know my user name and p/w is correct cause this works!
    > help please!
    > Marie

    We'll need to know your ISP, the address of your web mail, and
    username/password. Then we can check your settings for you.

    If you'd like to post back with this information I'll see what I can do.

    Martin, May 27, 2006
  4. TillmanProductions.com

    Fred Guest

    TillmanProductions.com wrote:
    > I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I
    > first have to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came
    > across this news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never
    > checked email through web or any other form. tried to set it up
    > through outlook, not working. I know my user name and p/w is correct
    > cause this works! help please!
    > Marie

    Check you settings
    http://help.prodigy.net/help/install/specifics.html
    or contact support directly
    http://sbcglobal.prodigy.net/about/company_contact/

    Fred, May 27, 2006
  5. TillmanProductions.com

    Vanguard Guest

    "TillmanProductions.com" <> wrote in message
    >I find it hilarious that when I go to the webpage and hit help, I first
    >have to log in, when that is my problem. thank goodness I came across
    >this news.server. anyway had dial up 3 months or so, never checked
    >email through web or any other form. tried to set it up through
    >outlook, not working. I know my user name and p/w is correct cause this
    >works!
    > help please!
    > Marie

    So why do you find it impossible to call your own ISP (SWbell/Prodigy)
    to ask *them* for help on logging in? They know what are their
    settings. If they require login before providing help then it's
    probably to keep that info, like their server names and ports, away from
    non-customers. Since you are using dial-up then obviously you have a
    telephone line to use to call their tech support.

    Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.

    Vanguard, May 28, 2006