    the list of wallpapers in display. Any Help appreciated,
    Thank you,
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Casey

    Sly Guest

    control panel/display, change it there
    "Casey" <> wrote in message
    news:es9xe.10887$...
    > I downloaded wallpaper and it is on my desktop but I now can't change it

    > anything else, the option at the site said just click on the resolution I
    > wanted and it will appear, it has but now I can't change it and it's not

    in

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Casey

    Casey Guest

    Thank you for responding. I tried that but it didn't work, any other
    suggestions?. I found it by searching Google it's the Eiffel Tower. I
    wouldn't mind keeping it but I can't change it and it' not in the list of
    wallpapers. I have Windows XP Home.
    thank You,
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Casey

    Sly Guest

    google a search for your problem , you should be able to find the solution

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Casey

    old jon Guest

    "Casey" <> wrote in message
    >I downloaded wallpaper and it is on my desktop but I now can't change it to
    >anything else, the option at the site said just click on the resolution I
    >wanted and it will appear, it has but now I can't change it and it's not in
    >the list of wallpapers in display. Any Help appreciated,
    > Thank you,
    > Casey.

    Have you still got the file you D\loaded. It might be an .exe file that
    installed the pic.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Casey

    Ben Myers Guest

    Double-click "Display" in Control Panel, make sure "Background" is
    selected, click "Browse", double-click "Desktop" and see if the file
    you downloaded is listed. If so, double-click it, then click "OK".

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Casey

    Legion Guest

    "Casey" <> wrote in

    > Thank you for responding. I tried that but it didn't work, any other
    > suggestions?. I found it by searching Google it's the Eiffel Tower. I
    > wouldn't mind keeping it but I can't change it and it' not in the list
    > of wallpapers. I have Windows XP Home.
    > thank You,
    > Casey.

    First, box up your computer and take it back to the store where you bought
    it. Tell them the reason for the return is that you're too stupid to
    operate the 'puter. Then, ask the salesman if you can have a Nintendo
    instead.

    Legion, Jul 1, 2005
  8. Casey

    Casey Guest

    Legion, what an unfortunate person you must be to write such a sarcastic
    reply. I don't think there is any need for you to be so bloody rude, wake up
    to yourself. I think you are the stupid one and I feel very sorry for you.
    We all have to learn as I'm sure you did. We all get stuck with things at
    various times and I'll bet you have in your time too, so wake up to
    yourself and learn to treat those who may not be as knowledgeable as your
    self with some respect. Incidentally, I have been using a computer for quite
    some time now and I even help others so stay away from this newsgroup if you
    can't be polite.
    Casey

    Casey, Jul 1, 2005
  9. Casey

    Sly Guest

    you will find that there are many people here who are here only to ridicule
    and make others feel like shit, there are also many here who are truly
    helpful and do care, ya just gotta take the good with the bad

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  10. Casey

    Casey Guest

    Thanks Sly, That's the first time anyone has been rude to me and I'm afraid
    it upset me. Usually folk are very helpful here. Sly, I tried the google
    search but no luck, when I downloaded the Eiffel Tower wallpaper there was
    no file it the site just had pictures of the different shots of the tower
    and the instructions were to just click on the resolution for my computer
    and bang there it appeared. The wallpaper is not in the display list of
    wallpapers. However, I'll keep trying, there are forums that I will try,
    it's not a matter of life and death, just annoying. Contrary to Legions
    opinion of me I do know how to find answers I just thought this would be a
    quick way as usually like you the people here are very helpful, thank you
    again. I'll come back just in case someone or you have an answer.
    Many thanks,
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 1, 2005
  11. Casey

    Casey Guest

    Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the moment.
    there was no exe file. The background in display is something else that I
    have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel Tower is just not
    listed.
    thanks again,
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 1, 2005
  12. Casey

    Guest

    On "Casey" <> wrote:

    |>Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the moment.
    |>there was no exe file. The background in display is something else that I
    |>have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel Tower is just not
    |>listed.
    |>thanks again,

    Download the file again, to find what the name of it is...

    Search for that name and delete it. (note it will end in BMP. GIF,
    TIF, or JPG).

    --
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-molest01.html

    , Jul 1, 2005
  13. Casey

    Sly Guest

    if its that much trouble id just uninstall it, if it doesnt have an
    uninstall, go to add/remove

    Sly, Jul 2, 2005
  14. Casey

    Casey Guest

    Penny, The file is a JPG I went back to the Eiffel Tower site and didn't
    download it again because I thought I would end up with more trouble. I
    right clicked on it and the properties told me it was a JPG. I ran search
    but nothing was found. the site is very strange, just pics of the tower and
    underneath the size that a person wants, and says to install just right
    click and set as Wall paper. That's all, seems I am stuck with it at the
    moment.
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 2, 2005
  15. Casey

    Jack Guest

    Casey wrote:

    > Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the moment.
    > there was no exe file. The background in display is something else that I
    > have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel Tower is just not
    > listed.

    Sorry I don't use XP so the instructions could be slightly different.

    Right clicking on the desktop and choosing Properties, should show the
    file name of the Eiffel tower, and clicking on Browse should show you
    the folder that it's in.

    Otherwise, go to the Start Menu, select Find (Files or Folders)
    Select the date when you first downloaded the wallpaper, and select file
    type JPEG Image, and search your whole computer, which should not take
    long.
    That should give you a list of all jpeg image files downloaded that day.
    Click on each one to see the image and note where it is.

    Jack, Jul 2, 2005
  16. Casey

    Casey Guest

    It's not in Add/Remove, or all programs. Can't understand it.
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 2, 2005
  17. Casey

    Guest

    On "Casey" <> wrote:

    |>Penny, The file is a JPG I went back to the Eiffel Tower site and didn't
    |>download it again because I thought I would end up with more trouble. I
    |>right clicked on it and the properties told me it was a JPG. I ran search
    |>but nothing was found. the site is very strange, just pics of the tower and
    |>underneath the size that a person wants, and says to install just right
    |>click and set as Wall paper. That's all, seems I am stuck with it at the
    |>moment.
    |>Casey.

    Search for *.JPG
    Delete the one that looks right.

    View details and delete the one that matches the date and time you
    download'd it

    |><> wrote in message

    |>> moment.
    |>> not
    |>>
    |>> Download the file again, to find what the name of it is...
    |>>
    |>> Search for that name and delete it. (note it will end in BMP. GIF,
    |>> TIF, or JPG).

    |>> it
    |>> resolution I
    |>> not
    |>> |>>

    |>> --
    |>> http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-molest01.html

    --
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-molest01.html

    , Jul 2, 2005
  18. Casey

    ~misty Guest

    Casey wrote:
    > Thanks Ben, I've tried everything but seems I'm stuck with it at the
    > moment. there was no exe file. The background in display is something
    > else that I have tried to change the wallpaper too, the darn Eiffel
    > Tower is just not listed.
    > thanks again,
    > Casey.

    If you have Irfanview you can _left_ click on any picture and under the tab
    labelled "options" you can choose to set the pic you are viewing as the
    wallpaper. "Stretched" works great for large images.

    If you don't have Irfanview but are running XP.. after _right_ clicking on
    an image choose "edit" .. this will take you to the paint program.. under
    "File" you can choose to set the image as your background too.

    Perhaps that will get rid of the background you don't want..
    --
    http://mistymage.com/
    to email me use Groups At mistymage Dot com

    ~misty, Jul 2, 2005
  19. Casey

    Sly Guest

    whats the site you got it from?

    Sly, Jul 2, 2005
  20. Casey

    uh Clem Guest

    Hey Casey,
    have you tried doing the same thing with another pic from a diff site?
    (Rite click & Set as Background?)
    I always right-click and Save Picture As...and save it in C:\Windows
    'cause that's where Mr. Gates keeps that type of stuff.
    (I use Winders 98 so I have to change the extension to .bmp but XP
    doesn't seem to care. (For all you geezers like me, I use an old 16bit
    ver of LViewPro to convert & can post it to some ng if anybody wants
    it.)

    uh Clem, Jul 2, 2005