    set a home page for MSN IE too.

    Thanks,

    Bob
    Bob, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Bob

    colin Guest

    Bob <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I can't change the Home Page on Internet Explorer. When I go to Internet
    > Options, General the Address and Icon Buttons for Home Page are in shadow.
    > All of the other functions under General work fine.
    >
    > I've tried clicking on the make this my homepage at various web sites but

    it

    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=7877&st=100
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip
    colin, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Bob

    Thor Guest

    Something (a website or piece of spyware) has hijacked your settings, and
    locked them out.
    download and install the program "Spybot search and Destroy". Use it to
    clean your system of spyware, and use Spybot to unlock your IE settings. It
    also has an innoculate setting that will lock your preferences in if you
    wish. That should prevent malicious webpage scripts from changing things in
    the future.

    Thor, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Thank you all for your advice. Thor's message jogged my memory that I had
    locked my IE settings with Spybot. Unlocking my settings in Spybot cured
    the problem. I will now post to alt.oldage and see if there is a fix for my
    failing memory.

    Bob, Jan 31, 2004