    I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
    a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
    typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.

    Spoiler, Jan 29, 2004

  2. On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:09:53 +0000, Spoiler wrote:

    > I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got a
    > "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this typical?
    > I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.

    Perhaps the author of the .WMA files don't want you to make audio CDs from
    them. (Digital Rights Management).

    --
    Michael Turner

    michael turner, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Spoiler

    Alien Zord Guest

    "Spoiler" <> wrote in message
    > I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
    > a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
    > typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.

    You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
    http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html

    Alien Zord, Jan 29, 2004
  4. Spoiler

    Spoiler Guest

    Alien Zord wrote:
    > "Spoiler" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
    >>a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
    >>typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.
    >>

    > You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
    > http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html

    Thanks for the link. But ya know, I tried it....and the .wma files
    still won't burn. Appreciate the assistance, though.

    Anybody know of a free .wma to .mp3 converter?

    Spoiler, Jan 29, 2004
  5. Spoiler

    Spoiler Guest

    Spoiler wrote:
    > Alien Zord wrote:
    >
    >> "Spoiler" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I tried burning some audio files with a .wma extension to CD, but I got
    >>> a "burn failed" messagee from my burning software(Nero 5). Is this
    >>> typical? I thought you could burn .wma files. Hope someone can help.
    >>>

    >> You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
    >> http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html
    >>

    > Thanks for the link. But ya know, I tried it....and the .wma files
    > still won't burn. Appreciate the assistance, though.
    >
    > Anybody know of a free .wma to .mp3 converter?

    And yes, everything else burns fine, by the way.

    Spoiler, Jan 29, 2004
  6. Spoiler

    Harrison Guest

    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

    Harrison, Jan 29, 2004
  7. Spoiler

    Spoiler Guest

    Harrison wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:46:00 GMT, Spoiler <> wrote:
    >

    >>Alien Zord wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Spoiler" <> wrote in message

    >>>You need the free WMA plug-in for Nero:
    >>>http://www.nero.com/en/631946567923453.html
    >>>

    >>Thanks for the link. But ya know, I tried it....and the .wma files
    >>still won't burn. Appreciate the assistance, though.
    >>
    >>Anybody know of a free .wma to .mp3 converter?

    > http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

    Worked like a charm - thank you, masked man!!

    Spoiler, Jan 30, 2004