    tools, I tried uninstalling it but hasn't helped.

    Any ideas?

    Steve

    Rednose, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Rednose

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:10:10 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters Rednose <> wrote :

    >Can't burn dvds with DMA enabled.
    >I deleted all cd-rom entries in device manager (safe mode) as
    >recommended by Shep
    >And successfully burnt 1 dvd, now its gone back to crashing when DMA
    >is enabled.
    >The only change I made after successful burn was to install Daemon
    >tools, I tried uninstalling it but hasn't helped.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Steve

    Check the mother board maker's site for updated drivers.There may be a
    required IDE controller pack.
    Also if you can find the make of the mother board/chip set use your
    News group list and look for the appropriate group as there will be
    someone who most likely has a specific fix.
    On an older system I had to run a DMA patch for win98 to get full DMA
    which was obtained from the mother board maker's site or the mother
    board chip maker's site.

    :O)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,