    blank disc and make sure that your DVD burner is connected and working
    properly. Learn more about this problem. "

    Any ideas???

    =?Utf-8?B?V3lsZWU=?=, Feb 20, 2007

  2. I'm going through exactly the same dramas with my Hitachi-LG GSA-4166B drive.
    The problem seems to be that Vista regards the drive as "unknown." The
    tricky bit is that it behaves normally as a reading device, so you don't
    realise it isn't fully functional. If you do a search for your own DVD drive
    models on http://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/Default.aspx you'll find that the
    Samsung is recognised by 32-bit Vista only, while your Sony is recognised by
    neither 32 nor X64. I've reconciled myself to binning my drive, though if
    someone can come up with a way of saving it I'll be most grateful. A friend
    at Microsoft thought I might be able to get away with downloading Win XP
    software, but that didn't work.
    --
    Spydah

    =?Utf-8?B?U3B5ZGFo?=, May 23, 2007