Can't burn audio, can burn data

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Joe, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    I'm having a little trouble with my old HP. I've had no problems in
    the past burning audio, but now I do after reformatting and
    reinstalling all my programs.

    I'm trying to burn MP3s to audio CDs (I let the burning program do the
    conversion, I don't first do MP3-WAV or anything). I'm using Roxio
    Easy CD Creator, and can burn data discs with no problems at all, but
    when I try burning audio, I get no errors, and I get no sound when I
    go to my CD player to try and play it (the tracks are there, the
    correct time is there, but there is no sound!!!) At first I thought
    it was because maybe the disc was labeled incorrectly and I was using
    CD-RW or something, but I wasn't... I even tried multiple different
    brands of CD-RW.

    So I thought maybe it was my software... I went and downloaded
    CDBurnerXP Pro (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ - which by the way is an
    awesome looking program). This program gave me errors when I was
    trying to burn Audio (Roxio did not give any errors), but again, data
    burned with no problem. The error message from CDBXPP was something
    with "Power Calibration" in it. I've looked around and everyone says
    this is related to bad CDs, but I've tried different CDs and have
    burned 2 data CDs from the same pile too!

    I opened the case and noticed the CD-burner had no audio cable coming
    from the sound card, (it was going to DVD instead). So I unplugged it
    from the DVD and plugged it into the CD-R. No luck... (I think this
    is audio-out from the CD-player anyway, not audio-in for burning).

    What the heck is going on? Why can't I burn audio? Anyone? Bueller?
    Bueller?
    Joe, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Joe

    HF Guest

    Check whether you can play a normal audio disk.This sounds as though it has
    nothing to do with your burning but is your fresh instal which is lacking.
    Check
    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > I'm having a little trouble with my old HP. I've had no problems in
    > the past burning audio, but now I do after reformatting and
    > reinstalling all my programs.
    >
    > I'm trying to burn MP3s to audio CDs (I let the burning program do the
    > conversion, I don't first do MP3-WAV or anything). I'm using Roxio
    > Easy CD Creator, and can burn data discs with no problems at all, but
    > when I try burning audio, I get no errors, and I get no sound when I
    > go to my CD player to try and play it (the tracks are there, the
    > correct time is there, but there is no sound!!!) At first I thought
    > it was because maybe the disc was labeled incorrectly and I was using
    > CD-RW or something, but I wasn't... I even tried multiple different
    > brands of CD-RW.
    >
    > So I thought maybe it was my software... I went and downloaded
    > CDBurnerXP Pro (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/ - which by the way is an
    > awesome looking program). This program gave me errors when I was
    > trying to burn Audio (Roxio did not give any errors), but again, data
    > burned with no problem. The error message from CDBXPP was something
    > with "Power Calibration" in it. I've looked around and everyone says
    > this is related to bad CDs, but I've tried different CDs and have
    > burned 2 data CDs from the same pile too!
    >
    > I opened the case and noticed the CD-burner had no audio cable coming
    > from the sound card, (it was going to DVD instead). So I unplugged it
    > from the DVD and plugged it into the CD-R. No luck... (I think this
    > is audio-out from the CD-player anyway, not audio-in for burning).
    >
    > What the heck is going on? Why can't I burn audio? Anyone? Bueller?
    > Bueller?

    ---
    HF, Sep 20, 2004

  3. "Joe" <> wrote in message

    > I'm trying to burn MP3s to audio CDs (I let the burning program do the
    > conversion, I don't first do MP3-WAV or anything). I'm using Roxio
    > Easy CD Creator, and can burn data discs with no problems at all, but
    > when I try burning audio, I get no errors, and I get no sound when I
    > go to my CD player to try and play it (the tracks are there, the
    > correct time is there, but there is no sound!!!) At first I thought
    > it was because maybe the disc was labeled incorrectly and I was using
    > CD-RW or something, but I wasn't... I even tried multiple different
    > brands of CD-RW.

    Could be your CD player will not play CDRW disks. Can you record audio
    successfully on CDR disks?
    John Rampling, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Joe

    Joe Guest

    I will check to see if we can play a normal audio cd. Assume I can
    play an audio CD. What next step would you take?

    ~Joe
    Joe, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "John Rampling" <> wrote in message news:<JpC3d.138$>...
    > "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > I'm trying to burn MP3s to audio CDs (I let the burning program do the
    > > conversion, I don't first do MP3-WAV or anything). I'm using Roxio
    > > Easy CD Creator, and can burn data discs with no problems at all, but
    > > when I try burning audio, I get no errors, and I get no sound when I
    > > go to my CD player to try and play it (the tracks are there, the
    > > correct time is there, but there is no sound!!!) At first I thought
    > > it was because maybe the disc was labeled incorrectly and I was using
    > > CD-RW or something, but I wasn't... I even tried multiple different
    > > brands of CD-RW.
    > >

    > Could be your CD player will not play CDRW disks. Can you record audio
    > successfully on CDR disks?

    My bad. I did not use any CD-RW discs. I used all CD-R discs. I
    tried multiple kinds of CD-R disks, differnet brands, etc, but nothing
    worked.

    Anyone else out there have any idea why I cannot burn CD-R Audio
    discs, but am able to burn data-discs?

    ~Joe
    Joe, Sep 21, 2004
  6. Joe

    foolinyu Guest

    If your computer doesn't play any audio at all either from the CD burner or
    your DVD go to Volume Control (Start > All Programs > Accessories >
    Entertainment) make sure Mute buttons are unchecked - in particular, the
    Main Volume Control and Wave.
    foolinyu, Sep 29, 2004