Can't Browse Network or use ICS from XP Home Client

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?R2F2YW4gQnJpZ2h0?=, Oct 29, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I am trying to conect my Laptop XP home client with desktop XP Pro acting as
    HOST, which has a 2 way satellite usb modem shared connection.

    On my network my other windows 98 machine can find the network, and share
    the desktops internet connection, but the XP home machine does strange
    things.

    Win 98 client is connected to DSL/Router on ethernet, xp home laptop client
    is connected on netgear WGR611 wireless card.

    The Router has DHCP disabled and is working as a switch only.

    The xp home client has been configured to obtain its IP address from the
    DHCP on the HOST machine, but the resolved IP address does not fall within an
    IP range I have set within my firewall or on the router.

    Can you designate an IP range that ICS will offer computers on the network,
    or should I assign each with a static IP?

    How can I get this client to ping other LAN IP with out timing out?

    =?Utf-8?B?R2F2YW4gQnJpZ2h0?=, Oct 29, 2004