    Without messing around and screwing things up, is there something
    simple I'm not doing?

    , Jul 14, 2005

  2. Old Gringo Guest

    wrote:
    > I was running 1.0 and upgraded to .5 on my laptop. After the install I
    > can't connect to any websites either through my bookmarks toolbar or
    > typed into the url. I can use Explorer with no problem.
    > I running this laptop wireless to my pc.
    > Without messing around and screwing things up, is there something
    > simple I'm not doing?

    I just installed it over 1.0.4 and it worked just fine. No
    adjustments required.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Roland Guest

    On 14-7-2005 5:21, wrote:
    > I was running 1.0 and upgraded to .5 on my laptop. After the install I
    > can't connect to any websites either through my bookmarks toolbar or
    > typed into the url. I can use Explorer with no problem.
    > I running this laptop wireless to my pc.
    > Without messing around and screwing things up, is there something
    > simple I'm not doing?

    Do you have a firewall? Make sure that your firewall allows FF1.0.5 to
    access the internet.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ` ___ ___
    `/__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks for the help,
    I have checked the firewall on the laptop and it's not "on". I did go
    ahead and "allowed" Firefox. I don't understand this. I can't get my
    bookmarks on the toolbar to work and I can't type in any urls either.
    All the while, my MS Explorer is working.

    , Jul 15, 2005
  5. Old Gringo Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks for the help,
    > I have checked the firewall on the laptop and it's not "on". I did go
    > ahead and "allowed" Firefox. I don't understand this. I can't get my
    > bookmarks on the toolbar to work and I can't type in any urls either.
    > All the while, my MS Explorer is working.

    If you have the auto forms filler extension that could be the culprit.

    Old Gringo, Jul 15, 2005
  6. Guest

    =
    > > All the while, my MS Explorer is working.
    > >

    > If you have the auto forms filler extension that could be the culprit.

    ==
    I tried that and it failed to solve the problem. I uninstalled
    everything I could find and did a search and discovered my Firefox 1.0
    install program was still on my hard drive. I re-installed this earlier
    version and it's working again as if nothing ever happened. All my
    settings; enlarged google search,bookmarks on toolbar etc, seem to be
    there along with my extensions.
    I don't think I'm going to reinstall .05 until somebody addresses my
    particular problem and explains the fix.
    Thanks to all for the help.

    , Jul 15, 2005
  7. wrote:
    > I was running 1.0 and upgraded to .5 on my laptop. After the install I
    > can't connect to any websites either through my bookmarks toolbar or
    > typed into the url. I can use Explorer with no problem.
    > I running this laptop wireless to my pc.
    > Without messing around and screwing things up, is there something
    > simple I'm not doing?

    Did you attempt to start 1.05 in safe mode? (the safe mode of the
    program, not that of windows!)

    If safe mode works properly, an extension is almost certainly causing
    the problem. Since I have about 100 extensions installed, I run into
    problems every time after installing a new version.

    --
    Vriendelijke groet,
    Jan van Aalderen, Amstelveen

    Jan van Aalderen, Jul 16, 2005