    today I discovered I get a BSOD and found no way to fix the problem.

    Do you know what can one do to fix safe mode, possibily having care
    not to touch the normal booting configuration please?
    Mike De Petris, Sep 29, 2007

  2. Mike De Petris

    John Barnes Guest

    Are you getting the same BSOD in normal mode? Have you made any recent
    changes, like driver updates or Windows updates? What are the error messages
    and codes. If you get the same BSOD in normal mode, run using the do not
    automatically restart mode so you can more easily get your error messages.
    If nothing else works, you may have to do a repair install from your install
    CD.

    John Barnes, Sep 29, 2007

  3. Mike De Petris

    John Barnes Guest

    Did you try last known good any time along the way?

    John Barnes, Sep 29, 2007
  4. On Sep 29, 3:50 pm, "John Barnes" <> wrote:
    > Are you getting the same BSOD in normal mode?
    > Did you try last known good any time along the way?

    Ok, english is not my language :-(

    - xp x64
    - normal mode is ok
    - any safe mode gives BSOD
    - it's a long time I do not use safe mode
    - I installed a lot of new drivers and software in the while
    - I do not want to risk my normal mode configuration with experiments

    thank you
    Mike De Petris, Sep 29, 2007
  5. Mike De Petris

    John Barnes Guest

    Clear now. I would go into normal mode and in system/advanced
    settings/startup uncheck the box to automatically restart. This should give
    you the opportunity to get the error codes and messages.

    John Barnes, Sep 29, 2007
  6. Mike De Petris

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    Have you installed SpyWareBot recently?
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-15202-XP-Pro-wont-boot-in-safe-mode.html

    HTH, Roman

    roman modic, Sep 29, 2007
  7. Try "Safemode with Command Prompt", and then use the Windows Key on your
    keyboard to access what you need.

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpY2VwcA==?=, Sep 29, 2007