    Regards
    Rolf Aslaksen

    , Feb 14, 2006

  2. Hello,

    You can ask your MB vendor for 64 bit drivers (we used XP x64 for a 2k3
    install) or, you can also try this:

    Download the nforce4 x64 platform driver package from the nvida site (on
    another machine of course) and extract them. (I believe that everything
    unpacks into C:\NVIDIA\nforce v.66 or something like that)

    In that folder, there are two folders "SATA_IDE" and "SATARAID"... these
    folders will have the drivers that you will need.

    Get these files onto a floppy:

    one file will be a duplicate "idecoi.dll" it is fine, they are exactly the
    same.

    idecoi.dll
    nvata64.inf
    nvata64.sys
    nvata.cat
    nvcoi.dll
    nvide.nvu
    nvuide.exe
    disk1
    nvatax64.sys
    nvraid.cat
    nvraidco.dll
    nvrdx64.inf
    nvrdx64.sys
    txtsetup.oem

    NOTE: make sure that all the files are on the ROOT of the A: drive. They
    can't be infolders (esp the txtsetup.oem)

    Then, setup your computer for the RAID settings that you want to use (using
    F10 and all that) and make sure that your boot order is correct and that the
    correct RAID device is in the sequence. On my machine I had to reboot ONCE
    again after everything was setup to make sure that the configuration "sticks"
    (for some reason it wasn't saving my changes unless I rebooted a second time)

    Then, boot to your installation CD or DVD to install windows.

    At the very beginning of the "blue" installation process, you will see at
    the bottome of the screen, very quickly (and early)
    "Press F6 to load additional SCSI Drivers" or some mumbojumbo like that.

    You need to press F6 here. Put the floppy disk in and load these new files
    as SCSI drivers.

    You should see two drivers to load. Load them both (by pressing "S" I
    believe) you will be able to follow the on-screen instructions if you can
    read.

    Good Luck... I hope that this helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZA==?=, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Hi, it sounds as though you need to enter your BIOS setup and re-configure
    the Boot order. Different BIOS's have different options, you might have
    options to boot IDE - SATA or Both. And note that some BIOS's even have the
    IDE options separated from the Boot order, so take care that you read and
    find everything of importance.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Guest

    Thanks, I had already downloaded the big (32.7MB) file "General
    compability fixes for nForce4
    AMD Edition motherboards v.6.69"(phew), but the mistake I did was to
    only extract the 8 files from
    the SATARAID folder, not also from the SATA_IDE folder.

    After copying all the 14 files to the floppy and installing them,
    everything looked OK,
    but when re-booting after the OS was installed, things started to go
    wrong.

    The 4 SATA drives comes and goes as they please everytime the system is
    re-booted, they
    vary between 1-3, never all 4 of them.

    The bios is set to HDD as first boot device, and the HDD boot priority
    is set to bootable
    add-in cards (there's no option there). Imagine the installed driver is
    emulating a add-in card.

    The RAID function is also enabled on all 4 SATA ports.

    Hope you can provide me with some more information, I'm getting
    desperate.

    Thanks in advance
    Rolf.

    , Feb 16, 2006
  5. Rick Guest

    What exactly is your hardware configuration? You go back and forth
    about SATA and IDE, but don't specify what your hardware is and how it's
    configured.

    Rick, Feb 16, 2006
  6. Guest

    My hardware is:

    MB: Soltek SL-NF4PRO-939 with nVidia nForce4 CK804 chipset.
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2. 2GHz
    Memory: 2 x 512 MB PC 3200 DDR
    Graphic card: Asus GeForce 6600GT
    HDD's: 4 x Diamond Max10. 200GB SATA in a 0+1 raid array.
    CDD.
    FDD.

    Hope this will clarify.

    Regards
    Rolf

    , Feb 16, 2006
  7. Guest

    This is the hardware:

    MB: Soltek SL-NF4PRO-939 with nVidia nForce4 CK804 chipset.
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2.3800+. 2.0 GHz.
    Memory: 2 x 512 MB.PC3200 DDR.
    Graphics card: Asus GeForce 6600GT 128 MB DDR.
    HDD: 4 x Diamond Max10. 200GB SATA in a 0+1 raid array.
    CDD.
    FDD.

    Hope this will clarify.

    Regards
    Rolf

    , Feb 16, 2006
  8. Rick Guest

    Since you have a RAID array, you must use a floppy disk with the SATA
    RAID drivers on it. Press F6 early in the start-up of the installation.
    The files needed are in the nVidia driver package.

    Rick, Feb 17, 2006
  9. Guest

    Yep, in my first post I said I've done that, still doesn't work.

    Regards
    Rolf

    , Feb 17, 2006
  10. Rick Guest

    Then it sounds like you need to contact Soltek Tech Support. Maybe you
    have a defective board.

    Rick, Feb 17, 2006