    change it's drive letter. Okay I know this sounds convoluted and
    crazy but if anyone has any advice of how to remove or rename the
    driver for this mystery cd drive it would be greatly appreciated
    orangeoblio, Jan 26, 2008

  2. orangeoblio

    orangeoblio Guest

    On Jan 26, 4:41 pm, orangeoblio <> wrote:
    > My external hd was always (f:) until it randomly changed, I know how
    > to change drive letters unfortunately f is not available to me. So I
    > searched and found that a cd drive shows up in the "my computer"
    > window under devices with removable storage. I can't figure out what
    > it is I disconnected everything from my computer and it still shows
    > up. However it does not show up in computer management so I can't
    > change it's drive letter. Okay I know this sounds convoluted and
    > crazy but if anyone has any advice of how to remove or rename the
    > driver for this mystery cd drive it would be greatly appreciated

    I am a dumbass ignore my question. I fixed it.
    orangeoblio, Jan 26, 2008

  3. orangeoblio

    doS Guest

    well said

    doS, Jan 26, 2008
  4. orangeoblio

    olfart Guest

    > On Jan 26, 4:41 pm, orangeoblio <> wrote:
    >> My external hd was always (f:) until it randomly changed, I know how
    >> to change drive letters unfortunately f is not available to me. So I
    >> searched and found that a cd drive shows up in the "my computer"
    >> window under devices with removable storage. I can't figure out what
    >> it is I disconnected everything from my computer and it still shows
    >> up. However it does not show up in computer management so I can't
    >> change it's drive letter. Okay I know this sounds convoluted and
    >> crazy but if anyone has any advice of how to remove or rename the
    >> driver for this mystery cd drive it would be greatly appreciated

    > I am a dumbass ignore my question. I fixed it.

    well how did you fix it???...in case we eventually get a second dumbass with
    the same problem
    olfart, Jan 26, 2008
  5. orangeoblio

    Barry OGrady Guest

    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting

    >"orangeoblio" <> wrote in message
    >> On Jan 26, 4:41 pm, orangeoblio <> wrote:
    >>> My external hd was always (f:) until it randomly changed, I know how
    >>> to change drive letters unfortunately f is not available to me. So I
    >>> searched and found that a cd drive shows up in the "my computer"
    >>> window under devices with removable storage. I can't figure out what
    >>> it is I disconnected everything from my computer and it still shows
    >>> up. However it does not show up in computer management so I can't
    >>> change it's drive letter. Okay I know this sounds convoluted and
    >>> crazy but if anyone has any advice of how to remove or rename the
    >>> driver for this mystery cd drive it would be greatly appreciated

    >> I am a dumbass ignore my question. I fixed it.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og