    rest the words that are typed in the emails which are unable to be
    clicked on.

    agentxfile

    agentxfile, Jun 27, 2005

  2. agentxfile

    agentxfile Guest

    Re: Can't and/or unable to click on links within emails in Tunderbird?!

    agentxfile wrote:

    > This is the first time that I have ever used anything from/by Mozilla
    > and so far Firefox and Thunderbird are great programs that work
    > perfectly.
    > I have been using for these programs for the last few days now,
    > however there is one thing that I notice that Thunderbird doesn't do
    > that Outlook Express did which is I can not and/or unable to click on
    > links for websites that are within emails in Thunderbird.
    > Does anyone know why this is and/or know how to be able to click on
    > links in emails just like in Outlook Express? In Outlook Express the
    > links to website were usually underlined and in blue and are able to
    > be clicked on, but in Thunderbird links for websites look just like
    > the rest the words that are typed in the emails which are unable to be
    > clicked on.
    >
    > agentxfile

    In the subject in my original post I meant Thunderbird, not Thinderbird.
    Sorry but the "i" key is right next to the "u" key.

    :)

    agentxfile

    agentxfile, Jun 27, 2005

  3. agentxfile

    agentxfile Guest

    Re: Can't and/or unable to click on links within emails in Thunderbird?!

    agentxfile wrote:

    > agentxfile wrote:
    >

    >> This is the first time that I have ever used anything from/by Mozilla
    >> and so far Firefox and Thunderbird are great programs that work
    >> perfectly.
    >> I have been using for these programs for the last few days now,
    >> however there is one thing that I notice that Thunderbird doesn't do
    >> that Outlook Express did which is I can not and/or unable to click on
    >> links for websites that are within emails in Thunderbird.
    >> Does anyone know why this is and/or know how to be able to click on
    >> links in emails just like in Outlook Express? In Outlook Express the
    >> links to website were usually underlined and in blue and are able to
    >> be clicked on, but in Thunderbird links for websites look just like
    >> the rest the words that are typed in the emails which are unable to
    >> be clicked on.
    >>
    >> agentxfile

    In the subject in my both of my posts I meant Thunderbird, not
    Thinderbird or Tunderbird.
    Sorry but the "i" key is right next to the "u" key, about completely
    missing the "h" key I have no excuse.

    :)

    agentxfile

    agentxfile, Jun 27, 2005
  4. agentxfile uitte de volgende tekst op 27/06/2005 3:55:

    > This is the first time that I have ever used anything from/by Mozilla
    > and so far Firefox and Thunderbird are great programs that work perfectly.
    > I have been using for these programs for the last few days now, however
    > there is one thing that I notice that Thunderbird doesn't do that
    > Outlook Express did which is I can not and/or unable to click on links
    > for websites that are within emails in Thunderbird.
    > Does anyone know why this is and/or know how to be able to click on
    > links in emails just like in Outlook Express? In Outlook Express the
    > links to website were usually underlined and in blue and are able to be
    > clicked on, but in Thunderbird links for websites look just like the
    > rest the words that are typed in the emails which are unable to be
    > clicked on.

    This is very strange behaviour. Normally, this should work well. I'd
    say try Thunderbird in Safe Mode, and if that doesn't work, do a fresh
    install.

    It could also be because you have no default browser appointed. Go in
    FF to Options -> General -> Default browser -> Check now.

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 27, 2005
  5. agentxfile

    SteveG Guest

    agentxfile wrote:

    > This is the first time that I have ever used anything from/by Mozilla
    > and so far Firefox and Thunderbird are great programs that work perfectly.
    > I have been using for these programs for the last few days now, however
    > there is one thing that I notice that Thunderbird doesn't do that
    > Outlook Express did which is I can not and/or unable to click on links
    > for websites that are within emails in Thunderbird.
    > Does anyone know why this is and/or know how to be able to click on
    > links in emails just like in Outlook Express? In Outlook Express the
    > links to website were usually underlined and in blue and are able to be
    > clicked on, but in Thunderbird links for websites look just like the
    > rest the words that are typed in the emails which are unable to be
    > clicked on.
    >
    > agentxfile

    This is not an uncommon problem. You will find several threads on here
    from people experiencing the same problem.

    On my system, for example, when I click on a link in TB nothing happens
    until I move the pointer away from the link ... and then FF loads and
    the page appears, as expected.

    I've learned to live with it as the other advantages of TB over OE are
    worth this minor inconvenience.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G