Can't activate Wireless Zero Configuration service

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Dudi, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. Dudi

    maxtaurus1 Guest

    maxtaurus1, Dec 21, 2008

  2. Dudi

    maxtaurus1 Guest

    maxtaurus1, Dec 21, 2008

  3. Dudi

    maxtaurus1 Guest

    maxtaurus1, Dec 21, 2008
  4. Dudi

    Milton Guest

    Hi Dudi:

    I solved a similar problem by uninstalling the D-Link Wireless Connection
    management software. I reinstalled my wireless adaptor driver using Windows
    only and was subsequently able to reconnect to my now password protected
    wireless internet connection. Milton

    Milton, Jan 4, 2009
  5. Dudi

    Kawal Guest

    just click strat
    then click Run
    type or cut paste this - services.msc
    U will come to services
    Check alphabetically wireless Zero Config
    Know Double click this and click the option automatic
    and press the strat button
    Hope every thing will be fine
    If not, check is your wireless adapter mentioned on wireless zero config.
    (on services window)
    If not click control panel
    click sytem then device manager
    uninstall Ur network adapter ( only if U have Ur adapter CD or Ur original
    system Cd with adapter driver on it)
    Know reinstall Ur network adapter
    then restart Ur PC
    after reboot, Ur PC will give message new hardware found and installing it.
    In some cases Ur PC may ask CD for new hardware, do not worry! Just insert
    Ur adapter CD or reintall it manually ( because if Ur adapter driver hidden
    in folder/subfolder PC will not detect it)
    After all this exersice now U need to dowload Ur network provider CD on Ur
    system and reboot the PC.

    Kawal, Jun 7, 2009
  6. Dudi

    Kawal, Jun 7, 2009
  7. Dudi

    missexlady Guest

    missexlady, Aug 22, 2009
  8. Dudi

    Mark S Guest

    Thanks Ramesh ... very helpful ... I wonder why Microsoft doesn't just put
    this info in the error message

    Mark S, Jan 27, 2010
  9. Dudi

    sewlady Guest

    Ok so if it isn't running How do I get it started again?

    sewlady, Mar 25, 2010
  10. Dudi

    Lem Guest

    sewlady wrote:
    > Ok so if it isn't running How do I get it started again?
    >
    > "Pavel A." wrote:
    >
    >> If you don't see the wireless tab, the wzc service is not runnng -
    >> check why.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> --PA
    >>

    >> "Ali Shooshtari" <Ali > wrote in message
    >>> I have done what you said , but I did not get any option to change to window.
    >>> even reintalled but still not working and giving message WZC 871122 required.

    Did you follow the directions in the part of KB871122 under "To start
    the Wireless Zero Configuration service, follow these steps:"?

    If you did and still no joy ...

    By "error message 1068" do you mean this is an Event ID that you see in
    the event viewer? If so, click the icon just below the up/down arrows in
    the Event properties windows. This copies the event text to the
    clipboard. Paste into your next post.

    If you meant something else by "error message 1068" please post the
    entire text of the error message.

    And you really should install service pack 3.

    --
    Lem

    Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:

    Lem, Mar 25, 2010
  11. Dudi

    zorro123

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    same problem uninstalling dlink 120+

    I had recently uninstalled my dlink 120+ adapter when I got a new adapter. My laptop is a compaq 2100 with xp3 and fully updated. I got the same problem where my WZC service was uninstalled at the same time as the device! I called belkin support and they didn't really help me execpt to point me in the correct direction.
    If this happens to you there are two solutions the first is to use system recovery from a point that is several days before you uninstalled your dlink 120+, this is the only solution that worked for me. I tried to sownload the patch from microsoft but since the patch is part of the service packs it wouldn't install telling me that my current service pack is newer than the one I wanted to install. The last solution is the 99 pound hammer solution , to reinstall windows.

    I hope my ordeal helps someone else.

    zorro123, Dec 5, 2010