    --
    Experience is the knowledge that enables you to recognize a mistake when you
    make it again.

    rte, Sep 14, 2003

  2. rte

    OLT Guest

    Try updating the driver in device manager.

    OLT, Sep 14, 2003

  3. rte

    rte Guest

    OLT wrote:

    > Try updating the driver in device manager.
    >

    > rte wrote:
    >> Trying to run a natsemi 83815 card on a asus p4s533-e m/b. have googled
    >> and asked asus - no answer yet. Card works okay on another computer .
    >> running linux either rh9 or debian. probably bios but i can't find it.
    >> any ideas/comments welcome. tia, rte

    Hi OLT,

    Been there done that... tks for the reply - latest driver is compiles for
    earlier kernel.. --force don't work. Still think bios related but i can't
    find it and neither can asus. Card lights off automatically on other
    computers - mostly Dell 'boards... DUH me. Suggestions open to, I am.
    --
    No flying machine will ever fly from New York to Paris ... [because] no
    known motor can run at the requisite speed for four days without stopping.

    — Orville Wright, circa 1908.

    rte, Sep 14, 2003
  4. rte

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 13:04:56 +0000, rte wrote:

    >Trying to run a natsemi 83815 card on a asus p4s533-e m/b. have googled and
    >asked asus - no answer yet. Card works okay on another computer . running

    <snip>

    Did you need to start a new thread? It's only about 7 hours since you
    las asked, and reposting tends to get ignored.

    You were asked for some of this info that has been snipped from this
    post earlier.

    Me

    why?, Sep 14, 2003