    I'm missing something here but I can't see the forrest for the trees
    anymore! Did I leave any info out?

    Thanks, Al

    Al, Jun 23, 2007

  2. Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 23, 2007

  3. Al

    Al Guest

    I should add the laptops report "MSHOME is not accessible.....

    Al, Jun 23, 2007
  4. Al

    Chuck Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:36:00 -0500, "Al" <> wrote:

    >I had a working wireless network all with XP Home sp2( 2 laptops 1 desktop)
    >with no router, sharing dial up. I shared files, printers, mapped drives and
    >so on with no problem.
    > I went to satellite internet with a LinksysWRT54G router, now all have
    >internet access with no problems. I cannot access shared files or printers.
    >I have run the wizards witout success. In network places\ view workgroup
    >computers, on desktop I can see "desktop" and it's shares but get an error
    >when I try to access a laptop I get this , \\compalap is not accessible.
    >You mmight not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the
    >administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The
    >network path was not found.
    > The laptops will not even show themselves. I CAN ping all systems from each
    >other. Seems to be a sharing thing. Windows firewall IS OFF for now. Using
    >automatic IP addressing, subnet's are all the same, workgroup is all MSHOME.
    >I'm missing something here but I can't see the forrest for the trees
    >anymore! Did I leave any info out?
    >
    >Thanks, Al

    Al,

    You have a problem with SMBs. Most likely cause is the NetBT setting, or a
    personal firewall on one or more computers.
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-using.html

    And check name resolution on all computers.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/address-resolution-on-lan.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/address-resolution-on-lan.html

    Or look at logs from "browstat status"and "ipconfig /all", from each computer,
    and diagnose the problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow
    instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

    Chuck, Jun 23, 2007
  5. Al

    L... Guest

    I had a problem with Zone Alarm blocking my wireless connection, even though
    I had it shut down.
    Uninstall/reinstalled was my solution.

    L..., Jun 24, 2007