Can't access zinio.com

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Philip Roy, Dec 12, 2005.

  1. Philip Roy

    Philip Roy Guest

    Hi all,

    I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
    the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
    program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.

    If I attempt to ping the site, it comes back with no results whatsoever.

    But at work, the Zinio site is completely accessible. At home, I¹ve also
    discovered that I can access the site if I type in https as opposed to
    http....although this doesn¹t help in any way other than getting me to
    the first page of the site.

    Paradise say the fault is with Zinio (they tried to access the site and
    failed also) and...you guessed it...Zinio say the fault is with Paradise.

    Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
    (http://www.zinio.com).
    Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.

    Phil
    --
    NZMac.com - Supporting the New Zealand Mac Community
    http://www.nzmac.com

    Philip Roy, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Philip Roy

    mario Guest

    Philip Roy wrote:
    > Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
    > (http://www.zinio.com).
    > Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.
    >
    > Phil

    Works ok for me on Paradise cable with firefox 1.0.7

    mario

    mario, Dec 12, 2005

  3. Philip Roy

    XPD Guest

    "Philip Roy" <> wrote in message
    > I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
    > the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
    > program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.
    >
    > If I attempt to ping the site, it comes back with no results whatsoever.

    Works ok via QSI... maybe theyve blocked the IP range your on for some
    reason ?

    And hmm.. what magazines are you looking at again ? First ones that
    displayed to me were FHM and Playboy LOL

    XPD, Dec 12, 2005
  4. Philip Roy

    Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:03:37 +1300, Philip Roy <>
    wrote:

    >Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
    >(http://www.zinio.com).
    >Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.

    Not loading for me on Paradise adsl. Had to go through
    http://anonycat.com/index.htm

    Invisible, Dec 12, 2005
  5. Philip Roy

    Phstpok Guest

    Philip Roy wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
    > the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
    > program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.
    >
    > If I attempt to ping the site, it comes back with no results whatsoever.
    >
    > But at work, the Zinio site is completely accessible. At home, I¹ve also
    > discovered that I can access the site if I type in https as opposed to
    > http....although this doesn¹t help in any way other than getting me to
    > the first page of the site.
    >
    > Paradise say the fault is with Zinio (they tried to access the site and
    > failed also) and...you guessed it...Zinio say the fault is with Paradise.
    >
    > Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
    > (http://www.zinio.com).
    > Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.
    >
    > Phil

    No problem ere on paradise cable with firefox 1.5 nd ie6

    Phstpok

    Phstpok, Dec 13, 2005
  6. Philip Roy

    XPD Guest

    "Philip Roy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
    > the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
    > program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.

    Oh yeah.... firewall software running at all ? :)
    Check your hosts file as well in case the site has made its way i n there
    for some reason.

    XPD, Dec 13, 2005
  7. Philip Roy

    Philip Roy Guest

    In article <439e4705$>, Phstpok <>
    wrote:

    > Philip Roy wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I subscribe to an electronic version of MacWorld magazine via Zinio. For
    > > the past two weeks, I have been unable to access the Zinio site and the
    > > program that checks to see if there are issues to download times out.
    > >
    > > If I attempt to ping the site, it comes back with no results whatsoever.
    > >
    > > But at work, the Zinio site is completely accessible. At home, I¹ve also
    > > discovered that I can access the site if I type in https as opposed to
    > > http....although this doesn¹t help in any way other than getting me to
    > > the first page of the site.
    > >
    > > Paradise say the fault is with Zinio (they tried to access the site and
    > > failed also) and...you guessed it...Zinio say the fault is with Paradise.
    > >
    > > Any ideas? Anyone with Paradise able to access the site
    > > (http://www.zinio.com).
    > > Have searched the net and not found anyone else having problems.
    > >
    > > Phil

    > No problem ere on paradise cable with firefox 1.5 nd ie6
    >
    > Phstpok

    Went back to Paradise and (using posts in this thread as support) they
    agreed it is an issue with them....not for dialup or cable users, but
    for DSL. They say it is a cache issue and that they'll fix it in the
    next couple of days.

    Phil

    Philip Roy, Dec 13, 2005