    Any ideas?
    --
    Neil B.
    =?Utf-8?B?TmVpbCBC?=, Jan 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmVpbCBC?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    should help:

    http://www.ezlan.net/

    mike

    "Neil B" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a linksys wireless router connected to a desktop and I am try to
    > connect another deesktop & a laptop to it. The other desktop connects

    fine,
    > but althouigh the laptop connects to the Internet it does not connect to

    the

    mikeFNB, Jan 3, 2005

  3. www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 3, 2005
  4. Most of the advice recommends disably any wirewalls etc. My laptop came with
    Norton Internet Securitry & Nortoin Anti-Virus software pre-loadede. Do you
    know how I disable them? If I just click on Norton INternet Security &
    choose "Allow Traffic" I can't access the Internet at all.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVpbCBC?=, Jan 3, 2005
  5. I don't see where the advice says to disable the firewalls. It says to
    uninstall them.

    Use Add/Remove Progams in the Control Panel and please read the rest of the
    directions more carefully, as computers are very finicky over exactness.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 3, 2005
  6. Disabling the Norton Firewall (which came pre-installed) did the trick.

    Thanks for you help.

    Neil

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVpbCBC?=, Jan 3, 2005
  7. My pleasure. Thanks for letting me know.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 4, 2005