can't access others on network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?THlu?=, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. I have 4 computers networked. Main computer directly to ADSL router and the
    rest wireless USB to AP attached to router. Have checked the router and
    everyone is listed in the table.

    all are xp pro with sp2 installed.

    on main computer can see others but get error message that the person was
    not accessible and that the network path was not found.

    on the 3 other machines they can only see themselves.

    they can ping the main computer but not others.

    the mian computer can see them in net view but can't ping them

    we can all access the internet.

    I have checked the computer browser and the Netbios over tcp and they are
    correct.

    I have given everyone new computer names and change the name of the workgroup.

    I am using the windows xp firewall and have it set up for file sharing. All
    other computers the same.

    this is driving me crazy as I have tried all the things in everyone elses
    messages to no avail.

    anyone got any ideas .....please

    Lyn
    =?Utf-8?B?THlu?=, Jul 23, 2005