    that could affect me )

    Pinging jetstreamgames.co.nz [203.96.92.95] with 32 bytes of data:

    Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.
    -[Myth]-, Nov 7, 2004

  2. -[Myth]-

    Nik Coughin Guest

    -[Myth]- wrote:
    > I am on xtra jetstart, and I could use the JSG login last week, but
    > this week it is not working, the router does not even get an IP.
    > Anyone else having similar problems ( I have not signed up to UBS so
    > I don't see how that could affect me )
    >
    > Pinging jetstreamgames.co.nz [203.96.92.95] with 32 bytes of data:
    >
    > Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.

    We are getting destination host unreachable on a whole lot of sites at the
    moment via Xtra Jetstream. One moment a site works, next moment host
    unreachable. Xtra support says they are having problems with a server.
    Nik Coughin, Nov 7, 2004

  3. -[Myth]-

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:28:35 +1300, Nik Coughin wrote:

    > -[Myth]- wrote:
    >> I am on xtra jetstart, and I could use the JSG login last week, but
    >> this week it is not working, the router does not even get an IP.
    >> Anyone else having similar problems ( I have not signed up to UBS so
    >> I don't see how that could affect me )
    >>
    >> Pinging jetstreamgames.co.nz [203.96.92.95] with 32 bytes of data:
    >>
    >> Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.

    > We are getting destination host unreachable on a whole lot of sites at the
    > moment via Xtra Jetstream. One moment a site works, next moment host
    > unreachable. Xtra support says they are having problems with a server.

    Hopefully thats the case, if i can't acces JSG anymore, bye bye Xtra ( I
    wont be able to play games with a 10GB cap ).
    -[Myth]-, Nov 8, 2004
  4. -[Myth]-

    XPD Guest

    "-[Myth]-" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:28:35 +1300, Nik Coughin wrote:
    >
    > > -[Myth]- wrote:
    > >> I am on xtra jetstart, and I could use the JSG login last week, but
    > >> this week it is not working, the router does not even get an IP.
    > >> Anyone else having similar problems ( I have not signed up to UBS so
    > >> I don't see how that could affect me )
    > >>
    > >> Pinging jetstreamgames.co.nz [203.96.92.95] with 32 bytes of data:
    > >>
    > >> Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.

    > > We are getting destination host unreachable on a whole lot of sites at

    the
    > > moment via Xtra Jetstream. One moment a site works, next moment host
    > > unreachable. Xtra support says they are having problems with a server.

    > Hopefully thats the case, if i can't acces JSG anymore, bye bye Xtra ( I
    > wont be able to play games with a 10GB cap ).

    Id assume that you still wont get charged for the data but youll be stuck at
    your account speed....
    See the following post...

    From: "XPD" <>
    Newsgroups: nz.comp
    Subject: no speed on js games
    Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:46:26 +1300
    XPD, Nov 8, 2004
  5. Aaron Lawrence wrote:

    > Suddenly, -[Myth]- sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    >
    >>Hopefully thats the case, if i can't acces JSG anymore, bye bye Xtra ( I
    >>wont be able to play games with a 10GB cap ).

    > Really? Why not? Downloading maps...? I find that just playing doesn't
    > use much bandwidth.

    really?
    I find that even CS can max out a 128k JS link.
    and playing something like BF1942 can easily max out 128.

    PS2 games are only just playable on a 256k link assuming that only 8
    players are there, any more and it lags.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 9, 2004
  6. -[Myth]-

    Neil Guest

    My understanding is that JSG is a goner with the new UBS

    Neil, Nov 9, 2004
  7. -[Myth]-

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 15:18:12 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Aaron Lawrence wrote:
    >
    >> Suddenly, -[Myth]- sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    >>
    >>>Hopefully thats the case, if i can't acces JSG anymore, bye bye Xtra ( I
    >>>wont be able to play games with a 10GB cap ).

    >> Really? Why not? Downloading maps...? I find that just playing doesn't
    >> use much bandwidth.

    > really?
    > I find that even CS can max out a 128k JS link.
    > and playing something like BF1942 can easily max out 128.
    >
    > PS2 games are only just playable on a 256k link assuming that only 8
    > players are there, any more and it lags.

    Yes, 64 players on BF1942 is hell on 128k. Also there are regular massive
    updates (>400mb) for BF1942 and related mods. JSG is also useful for linux
    updates and Windows updates (eg SP2) as I have recently discovered.
    -[Myth]-, Nov 9, 2004
  8. Suddenly, -[Myth]- sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    > Hopefully thats the case, if i can't acces JSG anymore, bye bye Xtra ( I
    > wont be able to play games with a 10GB cap ).

    Really? Why not? Downloading maps...? I find that just playing doesn't
    use much bandwidth.
    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, Nov 9, 2004
  9. -[Myth]-

    Malcolm Guest

    Neil wrote:
    > My understanding is that JSG is a goner with the new UBS
    >
    > On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:24:52 +1300, XPD <> wrote:
    >

    >> "-[Myth]-" <> wrote in message

    >> the

    >>> server.
    >>>
    >>> Hopefully thats the case, if i can't acces JSG anymore, bye bye Xtra ( I
    >>> wont be able to play games with a 10GB cap ).

    >> Id assume that you still wont get charged for the data but youll be
    >> stuck at
    >> your account speed....
    >> See the following post...
    >>
    >> From: "XPD" <>
    >> Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >> Subject: no speed on js games
    >> Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:46:26 +1300

    Hi
    No problems for me logging onto JSG realm via IHUG UBS connection...

    --
    Cheers
    Malcolm °¿°
    Malcolm, Nov 9, 2004
  10. -[Myth]-

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:17:45 +1300, Malcolm wrote:

    > Neil wrote:
    >> My understanding is that JSG is a goner with the new UBS
    >>
    >> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:24:52 +1300, XPD <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "-[Myth]-" <> wrote in message

    >>> the

    >>> Id assume that you still wont get charged for the data but youll be
    >>> stuck at
    >>> your account speed....
    >>> See the following post...
    >>>
    >>> From: "XPD" <>
    >>> Newsgroups: nz.comp
    >>> Subject: no speed on js games
    >>> Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:46:26 +1300
    >>>

    > Hi
    > No problems for me logging onto JSG realm via IHUG UBS connection...

    Just out of interest, do you get full speed?
    -[Myth]-, Nov 9, 2004
  11. -[Myth]-

    Malcolm Guest

    -[Myth]- wrote:

    > On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:17:45 +1300, Malcolm wrote:
    >

    >>Neil wrote:
    >>
    >>>My understanding is that JSG is a goner with the new UBS

    >>Hi
    >>No problems for me logging onto JSG realm via IHUG UBS connection...

    > Just out of interest, do you get full speed?

    Not any more.. :-(

    160Kb/s up and 320Kb/s down as per the UBS profile.

    --
    Cheers
    Malcolm °¿°
    Malcolm, Nov 9, 2004
  12. Malcolm wrote:
    >> My understanding is that JSG is a goner with the new UBS

    > No problems for me logging onto JSG realm via IHUG UBS connection...

    but what speed are you getting?

    speed is now limited at the exchange, not by logon, so you're stuck with
    a slower connection no mater what muhuhahahaha... ahem, sorry about that.

    As I believe it, the UBS customers can still logon(at least for the moment).

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 9, 2004