    I'm using Windows XP Version 5.1, Service Pack 2

    Could something have happened to my Internet Explorer software? If so how
    do I fix it?
    =?Utf-8?B?QkogQ3JhaW5l?=, Oct 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QkogQ3JhaW5l?=

    Malke Guest

    BJ Craine wrote:

    > Hope you can help. I have a DELL laptop that I was using to access
    > the
    > internet via a wireless router. Now all I get is "cannot find server"
    > even
    > though I have excellent strength on Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 21003a
    > Mini PCI Adapter.
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP Version 5.1, Service Pack 2
    >
    > Could something have happened to my Internet Explorer software? If so
    > how do I fix it?

    I'm sorry but you haven't given us enough information to get focused
    troubleshooting. You've only told us the equivalent of "it's broken".

    1. What is the malware/virus status of the machine? Be sure it is clean:

    2. If the machine is clean, what changed between the time things worked
    and the time they didn't? Install any new software, updates, and/or
    hardware?

    3. Are you using the Intel Pro wireless management or XPSP2's wireless
    management?

    4. Is your wireless connection set to automatically get its IP address
    and DNS from the router or something else?

    5. Can any other machine connect successfully to the Internet
    wirelessly?

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Hi, I'm having the same problem.

    Mine's a brand new laptop, but its not a DELL but that isnt relevant...
    there isnt any Malware and I'm using normal XP wireless networking to set it
    up, other machines in my house can access the network and internet. Just the
    new laptop cant use the internet. It got 'limited or no connectivity' before
    but i fixed that by enabling DHCP on my access point. But internet still
    doesnt work. I'm sure its an SP2 issue, the other PC that works on the
    wireless network isnt using SP2.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?UHNldWQw?=, Oct 23, 2005