    and tried again, and the same problem recurred.

    Any ideas? Suggestions?

    thanks!

    Tatum, Dec 7, 2007

  2. Tatum

    Mike Easter Guest

    Tatum wrote:

    > using Mozilla Firefox, I try to log into my gmail
    > account.

    > Any ideas? Suggestions?

    There is FF, and then there is the FF monster with all kinds of plugins
    sticking out all over the place.

    Have you tried opera?

    How many Ff whatchamacallits do you have?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 7, 2007

  3. Tatum

    Tatum Guest

    I downloaded Mozilla Firefox's newest version: 2.0.0.11 for Windows
    and didn't customize or add any add-ons. My computer is new with 1
    gig memory & has Windows XP.

    No haven't tried Opera - is it better? What version of it do you
    recommend, and what is their website?

    - Tatum

    Tatum, Dec 7, 2007
  4. Tatum

    Mike Easter Guest

    Tatum wrote:
    > I downloaded Mozilla Firefox's newest version: 2.0.0.11 for Windows
    > and didn't customize or add any add-ons. My computer is new with 1
    > gig memory & has Windows XP.
    >
    > No haven't tried Opera - is it better? What version of it do you
    > recommend, and what is their website?

    Cleaner is better if you are troubleshooting your browser functions.
    Opera has advantages and disadvantages compared to FF. It doesn't carry
    much baggage and so if you can't figure out what is wrong with a
    browser's configuration that is causing you problems, then it is useful
    to know if a completely different browser fairs better.

    Opera's site is http://www.opera.com/

    The wiki has an in-depth comparison of various browsers and there are
    also speed comparsion pages. Getting into Opera vs Firefox discussion
    is a religious war. If you like some ff plugins that you can't do
    without, then ff wins. Probably otherwise the balance goes to opera.

    It is very disruptive to a conversation to toppost and fail to
    trim&context. Take a look at this article
    http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml Quoting style in newsgroup
    postings

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 7, 2007
  5. Tatum

    Tatum Guest

    " No haven't tried Opera - is it better? What version of it do you
    recommend, and what is their website?"

    Dear Mike,

    Thanks for the information, I'll look into using Opera.

    I rarely post anything on forums, so appreciate the article you
    referred me to, and read it.

    My computer geek son lives about 2500 miles away from me now, so I'm
    having to educate myself and learning to fix my own computer glitches.
    I turned 51 today,
    and know I have a lot more to learn!!

    Thanks again,

    Tatum

    Tatum, Dec 7, 2007
  6. Tatum

    Mike Easter Guest

    Tatum wrote:

    > I turned 51 today,

    Congratulations and Happy B'Day to you!

    > and know I have a lot more to learn!!

    You're just a baby. I have now oldcodger-geeky friends who were
    unofficial drag-racing on Texas farm-to-market roads back in the 50s
    while you were still in diapers.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 7, 2007
  7. Tatum

    Guest

    , Dec 7, 2007
  8. Tatum

    Tatum Guest

    "http://www.superlaugh.com/1/smileybirthday.htm
    It's my son's bday as well, he got this too :)"

    Thanks!

    Tatum, Dec 7, 2007