    I hooked it up a laptop computer but the only files that appear to be there
    are the ones that were in my documents.

    how do i get to other directories that were on that drive?
    bob peterson, Apr 9, 2006

  2. bob peterson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:fH_Zf.673268$084.25492@attbi_s22,
    bob peterson spewed forth:
    > My old pc died so I bought a new one.
    >
    > I took the hard drive out of the old pc and attached it to a usb ide
    > adapter.
    >
    > I hooked it up a laptop computer but the only files that appear to be
    > there are the ones that were in my documents.
    >
    > how do i get to other directories that were on that drive?

    And we're supposed to guess what OPERATING SYSTEM you had on the old system
    and on the new system?

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.
    Toolman Tim, Apr 9, 2006

  3. bob peterson

    bob peterson Guest

    win xp home all around

    bob peterson, Apr 9, 2006
  4. bob peterson

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "bob peterson" <> wrote in

    > My old pc died so I bought a new one.
    >
    > I took the hard drive out of the old pc and attached it to a usb ide
    > adapter.
    >
    > I hooked it up a laptop computer but the only files that appear to be
    > there are the ones that were in my documents.
    >
    > how do i get to other directories that were on that drive?

    Do you get *Folder is not accessible. Access is denied*?
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421
    If you can't see the USB drive in safe mode you might need to install the
    Security Configuration Manager.
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_home_sectab.htm

    --
    fred