    I can open all of the subfolders in the backupfolder; Administrator, Other
    user, but not the defult user-folder. The error is: "Access denied". There
    where no passwords before the backup.

    =?Utf-8?B?UnVuYQ==?=, Aug 16, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UnVuYQ==?=

    tim Guest

    Runa,

    You may have to take ownership of your folders by booting to safe mode and
    logging in as administrator. I run in to this all of the time doing OS
    Reinstalls and when doing parallel installs to recover client data.
    The instructions are on Microsoft.com at this link
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421 (the search is "taking
    ownership)

    Hope this helps

    Tim

    "Runa" <> wrote in message
    I used the recovery console, took bakcup of my documents. After the
    recovery

    tim, Aug 23, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UnVuYQ==?=

    Garth H Guest

    You also might need to take ownership if you ever applied access
    permissions to files if the machine was ever a standalone / work group
    member and then joined to a domain.

    --
    Garth H

    Microsoft Certified Professional