    All the disks involved are NTFS.

    Any ideas?

    Ed

    Eddiek, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Eddiek

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Eddiek said:

    > I recently had a problem where my PC permanently crashed. It had two hard
    > disks. One for the OS and the other for shared files.
    >
    > The problem occured afer installing a new firewire card.
    >
    > I removed both disks and put them (as a second disk) into another machine .
    > I have managed to get the files off one of the disks, but when I try to
    > access the other, I get a message saying that the disk is not formatted. I
    > know the disk is nearly full of data.
    >
    > All the disks involved are NTFS.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Ed

    Run chkdsk on the drive giving you grief.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Try GetDataBack
    http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B0Mike=B0?=, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Eddiek

    SgtMinor Guest

    Try PCinspector, freeware:

    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    If no joy, consider Active@ software:

    http://www.partition-recovery.com/partition.htm

    You can download a free demo, and if it finds the files you need, pay
    $29 for the full copy and recover them. Works great.

    SgtMinor, Dec 21, 2003