    network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    you have access permissions. The network path was not found.

    Not a clue as to what is wrong, anyone know?

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFn?=, Jan 14, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFn?=

    Gordon Guest

    "paulag" <maltby_gardner(remove this)@comast.net> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > When trying to access my daughter's computer over our wireless network, we
    > get this message:
    >
    > \\Jennifer is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    > network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    > you have access permissions. The network path was not found.
    >
    > Not a clue as to what is wrong, anyone know?

    have you run the network wizard on both machines and ensured that you have
    the same users set up on both machines?

    Gordon, Jan 14, 2007

  3. Hi
    Wire or Wireless, does not matter, it is a Sharing problem.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 14, 2007
  4. Thanks for replying. I don't understand the information give at the first
    link. I clicked the second link, and I do not get dialog boxes that look
    like the examples. I am just too confused.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFn?=, Jan 14, 2007
  5. Hi
    Try this page,
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 14, 2007
  6. Hi, Jack. We have already done this with the My Documents folder on her
    computer, but we still can't access it, we get the same message. I have
    combed through all the network properties on all three computers and they all
    seem to be set the same, that is why we are so confused. We just don't know
    what to try next.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFn?=, Jan 14, 2007
  7. Hi

    Option one, try to add NetBEUI to the Files sharing protocols.

    http://www.ezlan.net/netbeui.html

    Some people are reluctant to add another protocol.

    Option two, try this process, http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 14, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFn?=

    Jim Guest

    > When trying to access my daughter's computer over our wireless network, we
    > get this message:
    >
    > \\Jennifer is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    > network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    > you have access permissions. The network path was not found.
    >
    > Not a clue as to what is wrong, anyone know?

    Doesn't someone need to be logged onto a computer to get the wireless
    adapter operational? That is the way my laptop works.
    Jim

    Jim, Jan 14, 2007
  9. Right, she is logged on.

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFn?=, Jan 14, 2007
  10. you are picking up wrong network boost signal expl

    =?Utf-8?B?bW9udA==?=, Jan 15, 2007
  11. She's using the network for internet access, would that still apply? How
    would you fix it if it did?

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGFn?=, Jan 16, 2007