Can't access Belkin wireless g router setup

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dave, May 21, 2007.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Hi,

    Since selecting the wireless access point option on my router I am
    unable to access the setup webpage. However, it is connecting to the
    internet fine. I've tried restarting the router and the PC. I reset
    IE settings, and also tried openning the page in Firefox. I turned
    off the firewall and AV on the PC. Same results. I did not have the
    firewall enabled on the router.

    I know the setup page used to be at 192.168.2.1. When I setup the AP
    I configured the router with the default AP of 192.168.2.254 and
    subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I've tried using both 192.168.2.254 and
    192.168.2.1 to try access the setup page, but they just time out. I
    also use Ping Scanner to scan all IPs from 1 to 254 with n/a on all.

    My ISP is SBC DSL so I'm going from their DSL modem to the router.
    Before using the access point I had trouble VPNing into work, and
    (possibily because of double NATing?) the connection only lasted a
    minute before dropping. Now using the Access Point the VPN connection
    is totally solid. But I just can't get to the setup page.

    The only idea I have is that I am confused about where the manual says
    to change the Belkin Router's setting to "match the networks." Is
    that just refering to the subnet mask? That seemed a little vague to
    me. But I'm on the internet so I must have done that correctly
    right?

    I just can't access the router's setup page. Security settings are
    disabled on the router so I'd like to get in to setup.
    Dave, May 21, 2007

  2. Dave

    John Holmes Guest

    Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Since selecting the wireless access point option on my router I am
    > unable to access the setup webpage. However, it is connecting to the
    > internet fine. I've tried restarting the router and the PC. I reset
    > IE settings, and also tried openning the page in Firefox. I turned
    > off the firewall and AV on the PC. Same results. I did not have the
    > firewall enabled on the router.
    >
    > I know the setup page used to be at 192.168.2.1. When I setup the AP
    > I configured the router with the default AP of 192.168.2.254 and
    > subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I've tried using both 192.168.2.254 and
    > 192.168.2.1 to try access the setup page, but they just time out. I
    > also use Ping Scanner to scan all IPs from 1 to 254 with n/a on all.
    >
    > My ISP is SBC DSL so I'm going from their DSL modem to the router.
    > Before using the access point I had trouble VPNing into work, and
    > (possibily because of double NATing?) the connection only lasted a
    > minute before dropping. Now using the Access Point the VPN connection
    > is totally solid. But I just can't get to the setup page.
    >
    > The only idea I have is that I am confused about where the manual says
    > to change the Belkin Router's setting to "match the networks." Is
    > that just refering to the subnet mask? That seemed a little vague to
    > me. But I'm on the internet so I must have done that correctly
    > right?
    >
    > I just can't access the router's setup page. Security settings are
    > disabled on the router so I'd like to get in to setup.

    Reset the fucker and start again.

    --
    Your mother was a schizophrenic bum who spent most of her life on a
    bungee rope.
    John Holmes, May 21, 2007

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On May 21, 11:11 am, John Holmes <> wrote:
    > Dave "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > Since selecting the wireless access point option on my router I am
    > > unable to access the setup webpage. However, it is connecting to the
    > > internet fine. I've tried restarting the router and the PC. I reset
    > > IE settings, and also tried openning the page in Firefox. I turned
    > > off the firewall and AV on the PC. Same results. I did not have the
    > > firewall enabled on the router.

    > > I know the setup page used to be at 192.168.2.1. When I setup the AP
    > > I configured the router with the default AP of 192.168.2.254 and
    > > subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I've tried using both 192.168.2.254 and
    > > 192.168.2.1 to try access the setup page, but they just time out. I
    > > also use Ping Scanner to scan all IPs from 1 to 254 with n/a on all.

    > > My ISP is SBC DSL so I'm going from their DSL modem to the router.
    > > Before using the access point I had trouble VPNing into work, and
    > > (possibily because of double NATing?) the connection only lasted a
    > > minute before dropping. Now using the Access Point the VPN connection
    > > is totally solid. But I just can't get to the setup page.

    > > The only idea I have is that I am confused about where the manual says
    > > to change the Belkin Router's setting to "match the networks." Is
    > > that just refering to the subnet mask? That seemed a little vague to
    > > me. But I'm on the internet so I must have done that correctly
    > > right?

    > > I just can't access the router's setup page. Security settings are
    > > disabled on the router so I'd like to get in to setup.

    > Reset the fucker and start again.
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was a schizophrenic bum who spent most of her life on a
    > bungee rope.- Hide quoted text -

    That's what I did, reset the router to get back to before. Now I just
    have to connect the network cable directly to the modem if I want to
    VPN.
    Dave, May 22, 2007