    can't seem to find any reviews online. There are lots of reviews of the
    LiDE 35 however, and they seem pretty positive but I haven't used one
    myself.
    Andrew Gerald, Jul 16, 2005

  2. Andrew Gerald wrote:
    > Has anyone used both these scanners? Just wondering which is better.
    > I've seen the Scanjet 2400 in action and it seems pretty good, but I
    > can't seem to find any reviews online. There are lots of reviews of the
    > LiDE 35 however, and they seem pretty positive but I haven't used one
    > myself.

    I bought a Lide 35 a couple of weeks ago. I'm not much of a connosoir of
    scanners, so I don't have much to tell you. It's noisy. I like that it's
    USB powered as I use it with a laptop.
    I'm a Trampoline, Jul 16, 2005

  3. Andrew Gerald

    Rob J Guest

    On 16 Jul 2005 04:01:22 -0700, "Andrew Gerald" <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone used both these scanners? Just wondering which is better.
    >I've seen the Scanjet 2400 in action and it seems pretty good, but I
    >can't seem to find any reviews online. There are lots of reviews of the
    >LiDE 35 however, and they seem pretty positive but I haven't used one
    >myself.

    LIDE scanners are very limited. They can scan well if the source is
    perfectly flat. The major difference is that when it isn't, LIDEs
    don't have a lens that can focus the reflected light stream off the
    page - unlike CCD scanners.

    Definitely I would not recommend the LIDE scanner for anything unless
    small size/weight is an absolute imperative. That is the only real
    advantage they have.
    Rob J, Jul 16, 2005
  4. Andrew Gerald

    Jerry Guest

    I'm a Trampoline wrote:
    > Andrew Gerald wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone used both these scanners? Just wondering which is better.
    >> I've seen the Scanjet 2400 in action and it seems pretty good, but I
    >> can't seem to find any reviews online. There are lots of reviews of the
    >> LiDE 35 however, and they seem pretty positive but I haven't used one
    >> myself.

    > I bought a Lide 35 a couple of weeks ago. I'm not much of a connosoir of
    > scanners, so I don't have much to tell you. It's noisy. I like that it's
    > USB powered as I use it with a laptop.

    the problem there is that some laptops won't be able to supply enough
    power through the USB port to run it. If it works with yours that is
    fine, but I've seen some combinations that won't run
    Jerry, Jul 16, 2005
  5. Andrew Gerald wrote:
    > Has anyone used both these scanners? Just wondering which is better.
    > I've seen the Scanjet 2400 in action and it seems pretty good, but I
    > can't seem to find any reviews online. There are lots of reviews of the
    > LiDE 35 however, and they seem pretty positive but I haven't used one
    > myself.

    The canons have all been chucked from work as they seem to baulk on many
    of the network printers, claiming that there are no printers
    installed(it seems that they are checking hklm rather than hkcu in the
    registry).

    Installing the printers locally on a network port is the work around we
    came up with, but it is far from ideal when there are potentially ~200
    printers that the users could be printing to.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 17, 2005