    made for this scanner? Any replies are appreciated.

    Thanks!
    , Jan 18, 2007

  2. I guess you are out of luck, unless you can identify which chip is driving
    the device and then look for other scanners that use the same chip and test
    your way forward with drivers for such equipment. Drivers simply has to be
    64bit.

    You can try a Virtual Machine, there are free downloads, then you can
    install you old version of XP Home on that one and have your scanner up -
    check the VM's they have overlapping functionality, if the scanner is USB
    not all will function, I believe.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 18, 2007

  3. John Barnes Guest

    My Canon printer, which never had an X-64 driver, has a perfect driver in
    Vista64. :) Good luck.

    John Barnes, Jan 18, 2007
  4. Aaron Kelley Guest

    It's on the list of supported scanners for VueScan, which works without
    requiring there be good Windows drivers installed.
    http://www.hamrick.com/

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 18, 2007
  5. hj Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know a workaround for the Canoscan Lide 30 scanner on x64?
    > Canon evidently doesn't care about bringing official 64-bit drivers to
    > those of us too poor to have a high-end scanner. I really don't want to
    > have to install regular old Windows XP in order to scan, and buying a
    > new scanner is pretty much out of the question- my current budget just
    > won't allow any new purchases. I searched the normal places I'd check
    > for any 64-bit drivers (planetamd64, the product's website, etc.) but
    > no luck. Has anyone had any success with any drivers not specifically
    > made for this scanner? Any replies are appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I have CanoScan 4200F scanner doing nothing. After reading this message I
    downloaded CanoScan Toolbox Ver. 4.6.1.2 (Windows Vista64) with 4200F
    Scanner Driver Ver. 8.6.2.0 (Windows Vista64). Installed on Windows XP x-64
    and everything works fine. Thanks for giving me the idea.
    hj, Jan 21, 2007