    because the plug-in isn't up to date or because it doesn't actually work in
    combination

    Many thanks

    Robert Pettifer, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Robert Pettifer

    Jorr.it Guest

    Robert Pettifer wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of buying a canon EOS 300D which I understand can
    > output as RAW data.
    >
    > Will the RAW plug-in for Photoshop 7 work with this RAW file format?
    > I cannot see the EOS300D on the compatible cameras list. Not sure if
    > this is because the plug-in isn't up to date or because it doesn't
    > actually work in combination
    >
    > Many thanks

    Yes, works fine.

    --
    Groetjes, Jorrit
    http://Jorr.it

    Jorr.it, Jan 8, 2004

  3. "Robert Pettifer" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of buying a canon EOS 300D which I understand
    > can output as RAW data.
    >
    > Will the RAW plug-in for Photoshop 7 work with this RAW file
    > format? I cannot see the EOS300D on the compatible cameras list.
    > Not sure if this is because the plug-in isn't up to date or
    > because it doesn't actually work in combination
    >
    > Many thanks

    Neither the 300D nor the 10D really works but there is a common
    software fix you can google to get the plug in to recognize them...be
    aware though, there is a profile issue.

    Mike Latondresse, Jan 8, 2004
  4. "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > "Robert Pettifer" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am in the process of buying a canon EOS 300D which I understand
    > > can output as RAW data.
    > >
    > > Will the RAW plug-in for Photoshop 7 work with this RAW file
    > > format? I cannot see the EOS300D on the compatible cameras list.
    > > Not sure if this is because the plug-in isn't up to date or
    > > because it doesn't actually work in combination
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >

    > Neither the 300D nor the 10D really works but there is a common
    > software fix you can google to get the plug in to recognize them...be
    > aware though, there is a profile issue.

    Thanks for that. I googled and found that you could use an Hex editor to
    alter the plug-in file, which I did. However, it still will not open Raw
    files in Photoshop 7.0.1.

    Has anyone done this with success with the 300D? If so would they be
    prepared to share the "doctored" file with me?

    Many thanks

    Rob

    Robert Pettifer, Jan 11, 2004
  5. Robert Pettifer

    Guest

    In message <lKgMb.1231$>,
    "Robert Pettifer" <> wrote:

    >> Neither the 300D nor the 10D really works but there is a common
    >> software fix you can google to get the plug in to recognize them...be
    >> aware though, there is a profile issue.

    Not surprising. Dcraw.exe treats the 10D like it was a D60 (it only
    looks for the sensor width, 3152, including black pixels to determine
    the camera), and the output is very red.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Jan 11, 2004
  6. Robert Pettifer

    dslr Guest

    Robert Pettifer wrote:

    > "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in message

    > > Neither the 300D nor the 10D really works but there is a common
    > > software fix you can google to get the plug in to recognize them...be
    > > aware though, there is a profile issue.

    > Thanks for that. I googled and found that you could use an Hex editor to
    > alter the plug-in file, which I did. However, it still will not open Raw
    > files in Photoshop 7.0.1.
    >
    > Has anyone done this with success with the 300D? If so would they be
    > prepared to share the "doctored" file with me?

    I suspect the problem is that 300D is 4 characters, whilst the entries
    that are already in the file only have 3. Hence, getting it to accept
    the 10D was easy enough by simply altering the D30 or D60 entries, still
    the same byte count.

    Here's a thought - does the file have an entry for the Nikon D100?
    That's the right number of characters, although I haven't a clue what it
    might do if it does accept the file. Maybe you'll get lucky, maybe it
    will try to use code to open a Nikon file and fail, maybe it'll still
    refuse to work?

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Jan 11, 2004
  7. Robert Pettifer

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Photoshop 7 does not have a native plugin for RAW file. At some point they were
    selling a plugin for $100. this plugin is now incorporated in Photoshop CS.

    I just open Minolta 7Hi RAW images in the Minolta viewer and save them as tiff.
    Then I can bring them into Photoshop 7 and manipulate them to my hearts
    content.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jan 12, 2004
  8. Robert Pettifer

    Ray Fischer Guest

    dslr <> wrote:
    >Robert Pettifer wrote:
    >>
    >> "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in message

    >> > Neither the 300D nor the 10D really works but there is a common
    >> > software fix you can google to get the plug in to recognize them...be
    >> > aware though, there is a profile issue.

    >> Thanks for that. I googled and found that you could use an Hex editor to
    >> alter the plug-in file, which I did. However, it still will not open Raw
    >> files in Photoshop 7.0.1.
    >>
    >> Has anyone done this with success with the 300D? If so would they be
    >> prepared to share the "doctored" file with me?
    >>

    >I suspect the problem is that 300D is 4 characters, whilst the entries
    >that are already in the file only have 3. Hence, getting it to accept
    >the 10D was easy enough by simply altering the D30 or D60 entries, still
    >the same byte count.

    Nah. The problem is probably that the camera is not a 300D. It's a
    "DIGITAL REBEL".

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Jan 12, 2004
  9. Robert Pettifer

    dslr Guest

    Ray Fischer wrote:

    > dslr <> wrote:
    > >Robert Pettifer wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Mike Latondresse" <mikelat@no_spamshaw.ca> wrote in message

    > >> Thanks for that. I googled and found that you could use an Hex editor to
    > >> alter the plug-in file, which I did. However, it still will not open Raw
    > >> files in Photoshop 7.0.1.
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone done this with success with the 300D? If so would they be
    > >> prepared to share the "doctored" file with me?
    > >>

    > >I suspect the problem is that 300D is 4 characters, whilst the entries
    > >that are already in the file only have 3. Hence, getting it to accept
    > >the 10D was easy enough by simply altering the D30 or D60 entries, still
    > >the same byte count.

    > Nah. The problem is probably that the camera is not a 300D. It's a
    > "DIGITAL REBEL".

    Same camera, different name, in Japan it's a Digital KISS IIRC - anyway,
    the original question asked about 300D, it's a question of whether the
    hack can be modified to take it.

    --
    regards,
    dslr