    type of connectors are available.
    Thank you in advance.
    Jim
    ji, Dec 4, 2005

  2. ji

    c Guest

    "ji" <jimpict.comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I have the Canon RS-80n3 which I am using for remote control on my 20D.
    > However the cable is only 2 !/2 feet long. This is much to short for what

    > want to do. There is a cable extension cord available (Canon ET-1000N3)

    but
    > the price is about $75.00. A lot more than I want to spend..
    > What I'm thinking about doing is cutting the cable of the RS-80n3 in half
    > and connecting the ends to connectors and then making up various lengths

    of
    > extension cables with matching connectors. I hope I can get information as
    > to the wire size of this remote switch before I cut it. I hope that they

    are
    > not to small to work with. Also I would appreciate any information as what
    > type of connectors are available.
    > Thank you in advance.
    > Jim

    You might want to have a look at this:
    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59407

    Chris
    c, Dec 4, 2005

  3. ji

    railfan Guest

    Check eBay under digital photography accessories. There are generic
    remote cords for many kinds of cameras at much better prices. I just
    ordered one for my Rebel XT - $7.95, and a 3 meter long one is $15.95.
    These are from vendors with eBay stores and not individuals.

    Bob Boudreau
    Canada
    railfan, Dec 4, 2005
  4. ji

    Charles Guest

    On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:00:45 -0500, "ji" <jimpict.comcast.net> wrote:

    >Hi
    >I have the Canon RS-80n3 which I am using for remote control on my 20D.
    >However the cable is only 2 !/2 feet long. This is much to short for what I
    >want to do. There is a cable extension cord available (Canon ET-1000N3) but
    >the price is about $75.00. A lot more than I want to spend..
    >What I'm thinking about doing is cutting the cable of the RS-80n3 in half
    >and connecting the ends to connectors and then making up various lengths of
    >extension cables with matching connectors. I hope I can get information as
    >to the wire size of this remote switch before I cut it. I hope that they are
    >not to small to work with. Also I would appreciate any information as what
    >type of connectors are available.
    >Thank you in advance.
    >Jim

    I bought a cable at radioshack and a couple adapters to convert from
    the 3/32 ibnch connectors on teh camera parts to the 1/8 inch cable
    that they had. Thus my original Canon part is un-ruined.

    It's just a stereo cable, if you could find one with the mini
    connectors, that's all you need. someone posted about using a part
    sold for cell phones, cost a few dollars at a cheap store.
    Charles, Dec 4, 2005
  5. ji

    ji Guest

    Hi
    I want to thank everyone for their reply.
    My problem has been solved.
    Thank you all again.
    Best wishes
    Jim