    the 500 is 309
    600 is 379
    and 700 is 399.

    ace, Jun 20, 2007

  2. ace wrote:
    > I want to get a mini dv camcorder and those three are my choices. I
    > could care less about the sd slot, but if it has one, so be it. I
    > will be using it at theme parks, so out of the three, which is best
    > for the buck.
    >
    > the 500 is 309
    > 600 is 379
    > and 700 is 399.

    This group is about still photography.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jun 21, 2007

  3. ? "ace" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > I want to get a mini dv camcorder and those three are my choices. I
    > could care less about the sd slot, but if it has one, so be it. I
    > will be using it at theme parks, so out of the three, which is best
    > for the buck.
    >
    > the 500 is 309
    > 600 is 379
    > and 700 is 399.

    All I can say to you, don't get a camcorder with megapixel resolution since
    consumer camcorders have a tiny 1/8"sensor, and squeezing too many pixels on
    it sacrifices low light performance.Mine (Sony DCR-HC32E) has a memory stick
    slot but can only take stills at 640 X 480 (practically useless) and can use
    this also on a solid state mode that can record up to 3 hours of MPEG-4
    video on a 2 GB memory stick (not an option since 3 X 60 min Maxell mini dv
    cassetes, made in japan only for 6.90 euros and a 2 GB memory stick 50
    euros:-(

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jun 21, 2007
  4. ace

    John Turco Guest

    On Jun 21, 2:13 am, "David J Taylor" <-this-
    bit.nor-this-part.co.uk> wrote:
    > ace wrote:
    > > I want to get a mini dv camcorder and those three are my choices. I
    > > could care less about the sd slot, but if it has one, so be it. I
    > > will be using it at theme parks, so out of the three, which is best
    > > for the buck.

    > > the500is 309
    > >600is 379
    > > and700is 399.

    > This group is about still photography.
    >
    > David

    Hello, David:

    Please, don't be mean! <g> Be helpful, and direct the original
    poster (ace <>) to the proper venue:

    Good luck, Ace!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>