Canon update

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by David R. Norton MVP, Jun 16, 2005.

  1. I just thought I'd waste my time inquiring about drivers for my Canon S900
    again, here's the answer:

    At this time, Canon USA has not announced Windows XP x64 driver
    availability for consumer products. We do not currently have any
    information on development schedules or when drivers might be released,
    but you can be assured that as soon as any drivers are released, they will
    be posted to the Web site for download. I do apologize for the
    inconvenience.

    Sincerely,

    Jack
    Technical Support Representative

    You'll all be happy to know Canon now knows that X64 exists, they have no
    drivers but it's an improvement from the first time I wrote them when they
    didn't know there was a 64bit operating system. <sigh>

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Please keep pestering them. And I'll do the same. Eventually they'll get
    fed up and either tell us to go away completely or by magic x64 drivers will
    appear for all the i and s series... and I guess the pixmas too.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Jun 16, 2005

  3. David R. Norton MVP

    John Barnes Guest

    I've contacted them 5 times all the same response. Today I sent them
    extracts from posts below saying they will never buy another Canon and
    throwing out their Canon and buying an HP. Will see if I get the same
    response. I too am hoping for drivers for the i series. At least my old
    Lexmark prints but has mechanical problems with the first page printed so is
    a pain to use.

    John Barnes, Jun 16, 2005
  4. LOL, this is so funny!
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 17, 2005
  5. David R. Norton MVP

    Mirko Guest

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24004

    "John Barnes" <> :...

    Mirko, Jun 17, 2005
  6. Canon has started posting x64 drivers. just got webprint and i9900 x64
    drivers...

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlubyBGYXJpYQ==?=, Jun 26, 2005
  7. I just sent a message to Cannon Inquiring about 64-bit drivers, heres what i
    got:

    Thank you for your inquiry. We value you as a Canon customer and
    appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

    Unfortunately, 64 bit drivers are not available from Canon at this time. We
    have not been given a date on when the Windows 64 bit drivers will be
    available. As soon as we here, we'll pass it along. When the 64 bit
    drivers are ready for release, they will be posted here.

    www.canontechsupport.com

    Thank you for choosing Canon.

    Sincerely,

    David
    Technical Support Representative

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueTgzNzI=?=, Jun 29, 2005
  8. David R. Norton MVP

    John Barnes Guest

    Same message everyone gets, but the BJC-8000 works for most of the Canon
    printers. Try it.

    John Barnes, Jun 29, 2005