    If so, any suggestions for a free or inexpensive one. My needs are minimal.

    TIA.

    Roy

    Roy Gordon, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Roy Gordon

    Mark B. Guest

    "Roy Gordon" <royg_XOUT@sonic_xout.com> wrote in message
    news:Xns95821BFFFD35roygsonicnet@208.201.224.154...
    >I inadvertently put my Canon S400 into movie mode, producing some
    > interesting shots.
    >
    > Two files were produced: an AVI file and a THM file. What's a THM. I
    > couldn't find it in the manual. Is it a thumbnail? If so, how can I open
    > it? Photoshop wouldn't recognize it.
    >
    > 2nd question: how can I edit the AVI files. They're already on the
    > computer
    > and not on the card anymore. Do I need to buy/acquire a video editing
    > program?
    >
    > If so, any suggestions for a free or inexpensive one. My needs are
    > minimal.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Roy

    Yes, it's a thumbnail. Change the extension to .jpg and Photoshop can open
    it. And yes, you need video editing software for the avi files. Not sure
    of any free ones.

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 14, 2004

  3. Roy Gordon

    Chuck Guest

    there is a registry modification that let you see the .thm file in the
    windows explorer (like a jpg thumnail). Search the web , you will find it
    easily.

    Chuck, Oct 14, 2004
  4. On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:52:18 -0400, Mark B. wrote:

    > Yes, it's a thumbnail. Change the extension to .jpg and Photoshop can
    > open it. And yes, you need video editing software for the avi files. Not
    > sure of any free ones.

    VirtualDub - http://www.virtualdub.org/.

    Mike.

    Mike Brodbelt, Oct 14, 2004