Canon...the A80 is very good, the A95 even better, but...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bob Hayden, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Bob Hayden

    Bob Hayden Guest

    I thought Canon would go a few steps further in the A95.
    I am SOOO close to wanting to replace my old Oly D-490, but I still want to
    wait...

    The 4 MP to 5 MP upgrade is nice...should never have a problem with 8x10s
    even with some cropping
    The bigger LCD screen is helpful, especially with the swivel
    Kept the AA batteries...very good

    The 2 shortcomings IMO...
    1. A hotshoe for an external flash would be so nice.
    2. The lens...a relatively compact wider-angle bigger zoom would make this
    camera near-perfect. A (equiv) 24-135 with a good low light would be the
    answer.

    That said, the A95 is still a pretty nice camera, and it may find its way
    into my possession before Christmas.

    Bob
    Bob Hayden, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Bob Hayden

    Leonard Guest

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:51:35 +0000, Bob Hayden wrote:

    > I thought Canon would go a few steps further in the A95.
    > I am SOOO close to wanting to replace my old Oly D-490, but I still want to
    > wait...

    [...]
    > The 2 shortcomings IMO...
    > 1. A hotshoe for an external flash would be so nice.
    > 2. The lens...a relatively compact wider-angle bigger zoom would make this
    > camera near-perfect. A (equiv) 24-135 with a good low light would be the
    > answer.

    So buy a G5 already.

    (Does there exist a compact with 24mm equivalent?)

    - Len
    Leonard, Aug 31, 2004