    thanks

    p.s. I'm mostly interested in answers from people who realy tried it on this
    particular camera, but all other opinions matter.
    Zarko Jovanovic, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Zarko Jovanovic

    Rick Guest

    "Zarko Jovanovic" <> wrote in message news:...
    > has anybody tried canon TC-DC52 teleconverter on a canon A70 (or A60, A40
    > A75, A80).
    >
    > I heard TCON17 (it's not canon, I forgot what brand it is) is sharp, can I
    > mount it on canon a70 with adapter ring (adapter ring is 52mm)
    >
    > any other good teleconverter about 100-150$?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > p.s. I'm mostly interested in answers from people who realy tried it on this
    > particular camera, but all other opinions matter.

    We had a TC-DC52 when we had our A40 (we sold it for an
    S1 IS a few months ago). Image quality was excellent, and the
    only issues we had were some vignetting at minimum zoom
    levels (to be expected, and not really a problem), and the hassle
    of constantly putting the teleconverter on and taking it off.

    You might want to search related message threads at
    http://forums.powershot-a.com/. Search for "teleconverter".

    Rick
    Rick, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Zarko Jovanovic

    Zol. Guest

    > has anybody tried canon TC-DC52 teleconverter on a canon A70 (or A60, A40
    > A75, A80).
    >
    > I heard TCON17 (it's not canon, I forgot what brand it is) is sharp, can I
    > mount it on canon a70 with adapter ring (adapter ring is 52mm)
    >
    > any other good teleconverter about 100-150$?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > p.s. I'm mostly interested in answers from people who realy tried it on this
    > particular camera, but all other opinions matter.

    Hi, I`ve tried both a Olympus B300 (older version of OlympusTCON17) & Canon TC-DC52 - both
    are very good, with the Olympus B300 giving better results for sharp/crisp images at the
    telephoto end.

    Regards, Zol.

    p.s. you will need a 55-52mm stepup ring available from most good photography stores or
    on-line (Z)
    Zol., Jun 9, 2004