    Thanks,

    Bill Cherepy
    Grayson, GA
    Bill Cherepy, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Bill Cherepy

    TSimmons Guest

    Bill.

    Generally adding conversion lenses reduces the amount of light entering the
    camera.
    The A80 will just adjust evertthing as necessary (e.g. a bigger F number or
    slower speed).

    A rough guess is that it will halve the amount of light

    Cheers
    TAJ Simmons
    microsoft powerpoint mvp

    free sample templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
    http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

    TSimmons, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Bill Cherepy

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:39:28 GMT, Bill Cherepy <>
    wrote:

    >When you add the Tele Conversion Lens to a camera such as the A80,
    >what does that do to the speed (if that's the right word) of the lens?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Bill Cherepy
    >Grayson, GA

    Rear convertors increase the minimum f/# by the focal length
    multiplier. Thus a 2X teleconvertor turns an f/4 lens into an
    f/8---two stops loss in the maximum light gathering power.

    I had assumed that a front convertor would have the same rule, but--in
    another thread---someone said that this is not the case. While I have
    no first hand knowledge, it seems that a teleconvertor 9or wide angle
    convertor) would be difficult to implement without some increase in
    f/#

    Off to see if any mfg sites address this...

    -Mark

    digital photos, more and better computers,
    and never enough time to do the projects.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to No
    Mark Herring, Oct 25, 2003
  4. Bill Cherepy

    wrote:

    >When you add the Tele Conversion Lens to a camera such as the A80,
    >what does that do to the speed (if that's the right word) of the lens?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Bill Cherepy
    >Grayson, GA

    PS--

    found nothing on Canon site, but--for the Nikon 5700, they claim that
    the f/# is preserved for both the tele and wide-angle adapters.

    Mark Herring, Oct 25, 2003