Canon SX100 Ultra-zoom

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wayne J. Cosshall, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. Wayne J. Cosshall, Aug 20, 2007

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    ray Guest

    ray, Aug 20, 2007

  3. ray wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:17:21 +1000, Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    >
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> Canon's just announced the SX100 with a 10x zoom:
    >> http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1073
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Wayne

    > So, just out of curiosity, how much does canon pay you?

    And how is it improved over the 12X S5 is?

    Agreed he's employed by Canon.

    WOW! Live View on the 40D I can now hold a dSLR with a 70~200/2.8 IS out
    at arm's length. Damn good thing it has stabilization.

    This is what happens when you let the marketing weasels dictate design.

    Not Disclosed, Aug 20, 2007
  4. OMG what is wrong with you people. Canon or Nikon or whatever pay me
    nothing. I treat DIMi the same way I did the print photo mags I edited
    for the previous 10 years, put out interesting content, hopefully before
    others do.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Photography and Art Forums http://www.dimagemaker.com/forums/index.php
    Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Aug 20, 2007
  5. Wayne J. Cosshall

    measekite Guest

    It is missing a critical feature so I would never recommend it to
    anyone. There is no viewfinder. That said I think it will sell well.
    Most of the snap shooters I see with digital camera take their pictures
    with their arms outstretched, viewfinder or not.

    measekite, Aug 20, 2007
  6. Wayne J. Cosshall

    measekite Guest

    Not Disclosed wrote:
    > ray wrote:
    >> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:17:21 +1000, Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> Canon's just announced the SX100 with a 10x zoom:
    >>> http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1073
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Wayne

    >> So, just out of curiosity, how much does canon pay you?
    >>

    > And how is it improved over the 12X S5 is?
    >
    > Agreed he's employed by Canon.
    >
    > WOW! Live View on the 40D I can now hold a dSLR with a 70~200/2.8 IS
    > out at arm's length. Damn good thing it has stabilization.
    >
    > This is what happens when you let the marketing weasels dictate design.

    That feature is handy when using a tripod.

    measekite, Aug 21, 2007
  7. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Mark B. Guest

    "Not Disclosed" <> wrote in message
    > ray wrote:
    >> On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:17:21 +1000, Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi All,
    >>>
    >>> Canon's just announced the SX100 with a 10x zoom:
    >>> http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1073
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> Wayne

    >> So, just out of curiosity, how much does canon pay you?
    >>

    > And how is it improved over the 12X S5 is?

    It's not a replacement for the S5, it's a new model.

    Mark

    Mark B., Aug 21, 2007
  8. Wayne J. Cosshall

    ray Guest

    On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 06:25:03 +1000, Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:

    > OMG what is wrong with you people. Canon or Nikon or whatever pay me
    > nothing. I treat DIMi the same way I did the print photo mags I edited
    > for the previous 10 years, put out interesting content, hopefully before
    > others do.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Wayne

    You could have fooled me. Your sequence of unabashed canon ads made you
    seem like a shill to me.

    ray, Aug 21, 2007
  9. Guy's I had the press releases up before possibly anyone else. That's
    why I announced them.

    Wayne J. Cosshall, Aug 21, 2007
  10. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Dave Sill Guest

    Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
    > Guy's I had the press releases up before possibly anyone else. That's
    > why I announced them.

    Don't sweat it, Wayne. Some people just can't take information at face
    value. Keep up the good work.

    --
    Dave Sill

    Dave Sill, Aug 21, 2007