    What a bummer I called CPS and I was told if I need a 135mm 2.0L the time to
    get it is now since the stopped production of this lens. How sad, the great
    primes are dissapearing.
    Mike, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Mike

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Mike"

    >What a bummer I called CPS and I was told if I need a 135mm 2.0L the time to
    >get it is now since the stopped production of this lens. How sad, the great
    >primes are dissapearing.

    Sigma is killing them off I guess. Bummer :)
    Bill Hilton, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Mike

    Mark M Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in message
    > What a bummer I called CPS and I was told if I need a 135mm 2.0L the time

    > get it is now since the stopped production of this lens. How sad, the

    great
    > primes are dissapearing.

    I wonder if this is related to DSLRs with crop factors...
    ....This makes 135mm sort of in an obscure focal length that fewer people
    gravitate toward.

    That gives about 210mm or less depending on which body.

    While I like that focal length, I've got it well covered with my 70-200 2.8
    IS L, as many other typical/potential buyers do who might otherwise consider
    the 135 2.0L.
    Mark M, Feb 14, 2004
  4. Mike

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    When I had a 135 it was the lens most likely to be left at home. I think 135
    no longer cuts it as a "real" telephoto lens. The ear of the 135 was back
    when a 200 was far too expensive for the average amateur.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 14, 2004
  5. Mike

    PlaneGuy Guest

    I don't know about that. The 135/2 had a reputation as one of the finest
    indoor sports lenses available, and one I was thinking of getting after
    upgrading my body (and no I don't mean in the gym!!) in the next few years.
    The 135mm focal length, with either a 1.3 or 1.6 crop (175 or 215mm equiv),
    with the ability to suck in twice as much light as the 70-200/2.8 is great
    for that type of shooting.

    Hmm, so there goes the 135/2, and the 200/1.8. Wonder where Canon goes from
    here...

    PlaneGuy, Feb 15, 2004
  6. Mike

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    I've not seen anyone use a 135 for sport shooting in decades.

    Tony Spadaro, Feb 15, 2004