    Can any one help.

    Small 3 position switch next to power on switch, what is it used for..?

    Thanks
    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007

  2. Mathew Good

    Fred Guest

    "Mathew Good" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Can any one help.
    >

    > Small 3 position switch next to power on switch, what is it used for..?

    It is the Print Density Selector.

    Quoting from the manual: "Your typewriter has a function that prints
    samples of text at each of the print density settings. This allows selection
    of density that best suits your needs.

    1 Insert sheet of paper.

    2 Press and hold CODE and SHIFT, then press C. Typewriter prints test
    pattern as below

    1 TStar 2TStar 3TStar
    1 2 3

    The second line shows to what extent printouts are erased at each setting
    when making corrections.

    3 Choose density setting 1 - 3 that corresponds to the desired print
    density" End of quoted material.

    Hope you can make sense of that.
    Fred, Mar 3, 2007

  3. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:28:56 +1300, "Fred" <> wrote:

    >"Mathew Good" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Can any one help.
    >>

    >> Small 3 position switch next to power on switch, what is it used for..?
    >>

    >It is the Print Density Selector.
    >
    >Quoting from the manual: "Your typewriter has a function that prints
    >samples of text at each of the print density settings. This allows selection
    >of density that best suits your needs.
    >
    >1 Insert sheet of paper.
    >
    >2 Press and hold CODE and SHIFT, then press C. Typewriter prints test
    >pattern as below
    >
    >1 TStar 2TStar 3TStar
    >1 2 3
    >
    >The second line shows to what extent printouts are erased at each setting
    >when making corrections.
    >

    >3 Choose density setting 1 - 3 that corresponds to the desired print
    >density" End of quoted material.
    >
    >Hope you can make sense of that.

    Thanks, I had a thought that might be the case, will give it a try..
    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007
  4. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:28:56 +1300, "Fred" <> wrote:

    >"Mathew Good" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Can any one help.
    >>

    >> Small 3 position switch next to power on switch, what is it used for..?
    >>

    >It is the Print Density Selector.
    >
    >Quoting from the manual: "Your typewriter has a function that prints
    >samples of text at each of the print density settings. This allows selection
    >of density that best suits your needs.
    >
    >1 Insert sheet of paper.
    >
    >2 Press and hold CODE and SHIFT, then press C. Typewriter prints test
    >pattern as below
    >
    >1 TStar 2TStar 3TStar
    >1 2 3
    >
    >The second line shows to what extent printouts are erased at each setting
    >when making corrections.
    >

    >3 Choose density setting 1 - 3 that corresponds to the desired print
    >density" End of quoted material.
    >
    >Hope you can make sense of that.

    Yes found this thing in a Second Hand shop, great for my Wife to practice typing, managed to get
    some IR-100 Ribbons, but need a PSU for it, using a 6v battery at the moment.

    Its seems that its MODE/SHIFT C..

    So thanks again..
    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007
  5. Mathew Good

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:28:56 +1300, "Fred" <> wrote:

    >"Mathew Good" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Can any one help.
    >>

    >> Small 3 position switch next to power on switch, what is it used for..?
    >>

    >It is the Print Density Selector.
    >
    >Quoting from the manual: "Your typewriter has a function that prints
    >samples of text at each of the print density settings. This allows selection
    >of density that best suits your needs.
    >
    >1 Insert sheet of paper.
    >
    >2 Press and hold CODE and SHIFT, then press C. Typewriter prints test
    >pattern as below
    >
    >1 TStar 2TStar 3TStar
    >1 2 3
    >
    >The second line shows to what extent printouts are erased at each setting
    >when making corrections.
    >

    >3 Choose density setting 1 - 3 that corresponds to the desired print
    >density" End of quoted material.
    >
    >Hope you can make sense of that.

    It prints 20 cps. 1 ABCD 2 ABCD 3 ABCD
    1 ABCD 2 ABCD 3 ABCD this line is light..
    40 cps 1 ABCD 2 ABCD 3 ABCD

    That is what I get with MODE/SHIFT C..
    Mathew Good, Mar 3, 2007
  6. Mathew Good

    > On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 17:28:56 +1300, "Fred" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Mathew Good" <> wrote in message

    > > Yes found this thing in a Second Hand shop, great for my Wife to
    > > practice typing, managed to get

    > some IR-100 Ribbons, but need a PSU for it, using a 6v battery at the
    > moment.
    >

    > Its seems that its MODE/SHIFT C..
    >

    > So thanks again..

    Yes - they're good little typewriters, especially with the convenience of
    batteries, which was a bit rare when these came out. I hung on to mine from
    years ago before having laptops to cart around, and still use it
    occasionally when needing to complete preprinted forms. I have the complete
    manual so if you get stuck just post here and I'll help if possible, but
    play with it for a while and I'm sure you'll sort everything out.
    Fred, Mar 3, 2007