    year, a Canon rep. made a statement to the effect that in 2007 we will
    be seeing OLED (vs. LCD) displays on Canon cameras. Has anybody heard
    anything to this effect?

    W, Jan 26, 2007

  2. "W" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've seen the usual speculation and rumors about the new crop (no pun
    > intended :) ) of Canon DSLRs. More megapixels, self cleaning sensors
    > etc. However, if I recall an article on Pop Photo sometime this past
    > year, a Canon rep. made a statement to the effect that in 2007 we will
    > be seeing OLED (vs. LCD) displays on Canon cameras. Has anybody heard
    > anything to this effect?

    The OLED display on my RH10 Minidisc recorder is simply invisible in
    brightish daylight. So, unless this has been fixed it's no improvement on
    the LCD displays on my 5D & 30D.

    --
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Malcolm Stewart, Jan 26, 2007

  3. W

    timeOday Guest

    Malcolm Stewart wrote:
    > "W" <> wrote in message
    >> I've seen the usual speculation and rumors about the new crop (no pun
    >> intended :) ) of Canon DSLRs. More megapixels, self cleaning sensors
    >> etc. However, if I recall an article on Pop Photo sometime this past
    >> year, a Canon rep. made a statement to the effect that in 2007 we will
    >> be seeing OLED (vs. LCD) displays on Canon cameras. Has anybody heard
    >> anything to this effect?

    > The OLED display on my RH10 Minidisc recorder is simply invisible in
    > brightish daylight. So, unless this has been fixed it's no improvement on
    > the LCD displays on my 5D & 30D.

    Why don't cameras use transflective LCDs? That's what my color Garmin
    GPS unit has, and it's perfectly visible in direct sunlight, or (via the
    backlight) in the dark. Still not so good outdoors in shadow, but
    that's a tough one. Here's hoping for digital paper.

    timeOday, Jan 26, 2007