    =================
    Delete "abc" to reply by email.

    , Nov 27, 2004

  2. Gaderian Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a Canon G3 camera. I am generally pleased with image quality.
    > However, I do not get deep blue skies with well defined clouds. Skies
    > tend to be off-white without detail. I would appreciate any
    > suggestions to improve my photos. Thanks.
    > =================
    > Delete "abc" to reply by email.

    You need a polarizer filter for your lens.
    I'm not familiar with your model of camera but most camera stores carry
    them.

    HTH

    Gaderian, Nov 27, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I have a Canon G3 camera. I am generally pleased with image quality.
    > However, I do not get deep blue skies with well defined clouds. Skies
    > tend to be off-white without detail. I would appreciate any
    > suggestions to improve my photos. Thanks.
    > =================
    > Delete "abc" to reply by email.

    Use a polarizer and shoot perpendicular to the sunlight.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Nov 27, 2004
  4. Ross Guest

    Mediachance has a small stand alone at the right price called "Color Cast
    FX".

    I don't know if it will fix your problem but it's worth a go.

    http://www.mediachance.com

    Ross

    Ross, Nov 27, 2004
  5. Aerticeus Guest

    I know a solution :)

    Aerticeus

    Aerticeus, Nov 27, 2004
  6. YAG-ART Guest

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:30:31 -0600, wrote:

    >I have a Canon G3 camera. I am generally pleased with image quality.
    >However, I do not get deep blue skies with well defined clouds. Skies
    >tend to be off-white without detail. I would appreciate any
    >suggestions to improve my photos. Thanks.

    You need a circular polarizing filter, that should get you the deep
    skies and then the clouds look better defined.

    YAG-ART, Nov 27, 2004
  7. Drunkard Guest

    t isn't the camera...try taking photos at different angles to the sun,
    or different settings. Works for me.

    Drunkard, Nov 27, 2004
  8. Guest

    Could be the skies are over exposed, it's hard to say without looking
    at the photos. You can also try a polarizer filter if you're shooting
    at right angles to the sun.

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:30:31 -0600, wrote:

    >I have a Canon G3 camera. I am generally pleased with image quality.
    >However, I do not get deep blue skies with well defined clouds. Skies
    >tend to be off-white without detail. I would appreciate any
    >suggestions to improve my photos. Thanks.
    >=================
    >Delete "abc" to reply by email.

    , Nov 27, 2004
  9. That is what a polarizing filter does for you.

    Or, if the sky is the only thing of interest, use the +/- adjustment to make
    the whole picture darker.

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 27, 2004
  10. Linda_N Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a Canon G3 camera. I am generally pleased with image quality.
    > However, I do not get deep blue skies with well defined clouds. Skies
    > tend to be off-white without detail. I would appreciate any
    > suggestions to improve my photos. Thanks.
    > =================
    > Delete "abc" to reply by email.

    Play with exposure. You are probably underexposing so the blue is white or
    lighter than the blue in the actual scene. Also check the Saturation setting
    (in the Menu). Make sure you are not in some 'mode' like tungsten or cloudy.
    Another option with the G3 is purchasing a polarize filter which brings the
    blues out very nicely, among other things like reducing white reflection off
    of water for instance.

    Linda

    Linda_N, Nov 27, 2004
  11. Big Bill Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:10:30 GMT, "Aerticeus" <>
    wrote:

    >I know a solution :)

    I think you forgot to add, "Elect me and I'll tell you what it is!"
    :)

    --
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Nov 27, 2004
  12. Aerticeus Guest

    LOL!

    Groovy

    Aerticeus

    Aerticeus, Nov 27, 2004
  13. andre Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a Canon G3 camera. I am generally pleased with image quality.
    > However, I do not get deep blue skies with well defined clouds. Skies
    > tend to be off-white without detail. I would appreciate any
    > suggestions to improve my photos. Thanks.
    > =================
    > Delete "abc" to reply by email.

    Your problem is the limited dymanic range of your camera. Most digital
    cameras have a range of 4-5 f-stops while the eye with its inherently
    nonlinear behaviour can resolve about 11 f-stops.
    So basically the camera does some metering and tries to expose based on
    the average light entering the CCD.
    If you have bright skies you might try a polarizing filter or a graded
    ND filter.
    I have been very successfull with both of them and most people seem to
    notice the skies in my pictures.

    Andre

    --
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.aguntherphotography.com

    andre, Nov 28, 2004
  14. Aerticeus Guest

    In my bid for I election:

    http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=1zZZDqRiVMeGsFWZ9Hq3JnBScsJCb0

    http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=1mecHdVZIWpRppTCBfLJ2WRY4YdsY

    http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=1PzYD2h1d4d14H9cSQy3JsEZGQpAi0

    The EXIF may be stripped (I have not checked yet) - these were taken with an
    S1 IS (bowing ever so slightly at the marvellous technological achievements)
    on Auot (I thinks) with no post processing from the camera other than a
    quick resize & resample for the web.

    The word is "golden"

    Aerticeus

    Aerticeus, Nov 28, 2004
  15. Aerticeus Guest

    Yup! the EXIF remains

    here is another :)

    see! I told you I could do it :)

    http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=1HHQ0hmHbHfypq99vebtxsOpBvCjrF0

    Mr smarmy-army Aerticeus

    ps - the previous 3 shots (erm and repeated below) are from the golden
    highlight

    pps - could I do than on a Nikton?

    Aerticeus, Nov 28, 2004
  16. <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I have a Canon G3 camera. I am generally pleased with image quality.
    > However, I do not get deep blue skies with well defined clouds. Skies
    > tend to be off-white without detail. I would appreciate any
    > suggestions to improve my photos. Thanks.

    Apart from using a polarizer you can do any of these:

    - switch color mode to "vivid" on the camera (I have a G5 but I assume
    the G3 has this feature, too)

    - increase color saturation during post processing with your favourite
    imaging software.

    Hope that helps.

    Regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Nov 29, 2004
  17. Aerticeus Guest

    Here is one that has been through Photoshop CS (mainly the Shadows and
    Highlights tool).

    http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=13kYpYlmuaaio2AoM1SmRpFCb2t5Y1

    it was a lovely weekend

    Aerticeus

    Aerticeus, Nov 29, 2004
  18. Aerticeus Guest

    ps - if these images look sorta murky on your 'pooter's monitor then there
    is a good chance that your monitor isn't as sharp as what it used to be

    Aerticeus, Nov 29, 2004
  19. Aerticeus Guest

    Hmmm - on the other hand, some cameras make water look so blue it could
    easily be confused with plain and ordinary mouthwash

    On the other hand ...

    http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=1NoVfgx0pFsIIxs2dEnXxvKcNnvIU

    So really (IMHO) it is a matter of clouds, sky and water

    Aerticeus

    "Michael A. Covington" <> wrote
    in message news:41a7feaa$...

    Aerticeus, Dec 1, 2004
  20. Aerticeus Guest

    YAG-ART wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:30:31 -0600, wrote:
    >

    >>I have a Canon G3 camera. I am generally pleased with image quality.
    >>However, I do not get deep blue skies with well defined clouds. Skies
    >>tend to be off-white without detail. I would appreciate any
    >>suggestions to improve my photos. Thanks.

    > You need a circular polarizing filter, that should get you the deep
    > skies and then the clouds look better defined.

    Read the manual until you have all the details known and to heart

    Play with the camera taking as many pictures under different settings as
    possible

    Live, learn and have fun

    Aerticeus

    ps - PSCS helps more than a little