    regards

    --
    Don From Down Under
    Don, Mar 21, 2006

  2. Don

    Rich Guest

    How would it effect focus on some lenses, since its adding the extra
    distance to the
    sensor? AFAIK, only Sigma has a sealed body, they use an optical
    window in the front
    of the camera. I think. If there is no effect, perhaps some
    enterprising person can start
    to make some body sealing adapters for Canons?
    -Rich
    Rich, Mar 21, 2006

  3. Don

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 21 Mar 2006 04:00:44 -0800, "Rich" <> wrote:

    >How would it effect focus on some lenses, since its adding the extra
    >distance to the
    >sensor? AFAIK, only Sigma has a sealed body, they use an optical
    >window in the front
    >of the camera. I think. If there is no effect, perhaps some
    >enterprising person can start
    >to make some body sealing adapters for Canons?
    >-Rich

    Think bellows. Obviously, there will be an effect.
    Dust just isn't that big a problem. It's mostly brought up as a "fear"
    rather than a problem, by people who don't have DSLRs.
    Even the OP doesn't complain much.

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Don

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > Don wrote ...
    >
    >As the owner of a couple of Canon DSLR's I too like many others spend some
    >time (not a lot but certainly more than I would like) cleaning the sensor.
    >Noticed in one of the posts here (think it might have been Bill Hilton) that
    >a comment was made about leaving the 1.4 tele conv on when in dusty
    >situations as you only have to then clean its element as opposed to letting
    >in dust when changing lenses.

    Hi Don, you probably saw this on my "digital photography on safari"
    link but it was a special case where we were riding Rommel-like in open
    safari vehicles in Africa and got literally covered in fine-grained
    dust (formerly volcanic ash) when we'd stop the vehicle to shoot or
    pass someone going the other direction (or flush a herd of wildebeests)
    .... I did buy a second 1.4x to keep on the 1Ds backup body on the next
    trip so I can switch between a 70-200 and a 300 f/4 without exposing
    the sensor but this is an extreme boundary condition for me ... as I
    mention in the link I had to clean sensors on three bodies twice a day
    for the worst three days so it was a PITA but none of the images had
    more than a few specs and all cloned out quickly ... here's the link
    you read earlier ...
    http://members.aol.com/bhilton665/tanzania_2006/digital_safari.htm#dust

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Mar 21, 2006