    Any suggestion is welcome.
    Thanks

    Knut

    [knutdogT], Oct 17, 2006

  2. [knutdogT]

    Mark² Guest

    [knutdogT] wrote:
    > Hello to everybody,
    > a very quick question> what would you choose between Canon SD900IS
    > and Canon SD800IS ?
    > 900 is 10 Mp but not stabilized, the new SD800 is 7,1 Mp but with a
    > great image stabilizer. Price difference is about 100 bucks.
    >
    > Any suggestion is welcome.
    > Thanks

    I wouldn't buy ANY camera with such a small 10MP sensor.
    At that miniscule size, images will be very noisy indeed.
    Don't misread my sentiments... I actually own a Canon 700IS and like it
    quite well (though I primarily shoot with the 12.8MP Canon 5D DSLR...which
    has a physically HUGE sensor), but my personal opinion is that until teh
    sensors are physically larger, anything over 6MPs is really not helpful.
    You really need the sensor dimensions to be bigger, or you're simply adding
    file size without adding meaningful detail.

    If those two are you choice, then I think the answer is quite easy: The
    SD800 IS.
    Personally, I'd opt for the 700IS at 6MP. -Any more than that, and you're
    gaining only bloated files.

    -Mark²

    www.pbase.com/markuson

    Mark², Oct 17, 2006

  3. On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:30:16 -0400, [knutdogT] <> wrote:
    > Hello to everybody,
    > a very quick question> what would you choose between Canon SD900IS and Canon
    > SD800IS ?
    > 900 is 10 Mp but not stabilized, the new SD800 is 7,1 Mp but with a great
    > image stabilizer. Price difference is about 100 bucks.

    I'd go with the 800IS; the extra pixels won't make much difference,
    especially for a small-sensor camera. A stabilizer is a big help in many
    situations.

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Oct 17, 2006