    Interesting enough, some nut on ebay is asking $400 for one. OR is
    that person a nut? Are they worth $400?

    , Jul 8, 2008

  2. ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:21:05 -0700 (PDT),
    wrote:

    > These are selling pretty good on ebay. I am not familiar with Canon
    > digital cameras, but heard that they are pretty damn good. After i
    > bid on one of these SD700is models last week, offering a measly $35.00
    > (which i was quickly outbid), the final auction price was like
    > $140.00. Are these one of those cameras that are must haves? Anyone
    > know of any features that this camera has that others DON'T have? Or
    > is it just one of those GOOD cameras out there that are very
    > dependable?

    It's a nice little camera that takes good pictures, but it doesn't
    provide much information. For example, DPReview said that it only
    shows the shutter speed that was used when the speed was below 1/60
    second. It is no longer available new, but you can get one of
    several newer (and probably at least as good or better) models.
    These include the SD750, SD770 IS, SD790 IS, SD870 IS, SD890, SD950
    IS and the SD1100 IS. B&H sells them for (respectively) $170, $240,
    $285, $256, $335, $400 and $215 and describes them in detail. Part
    of the reason for the SD950's high price is that it has a thin
    titanium exterior. Nice, but it doesn't help produce better
    pictures. Some have viewfinders, some don't. See

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/8612/Digital_Cameras_Point_Shoot_Digital_Cameras.html

    > Interesting enough, some nut on ebay is asking $400 for one. OR is
    > that person a nut? Are they worth $400?

    The person that buys one for $400 is the nut, not the seller. Buy
    used and you won't get the manufacturer's warranty and the battery
    will also be used and might soon need to be replaced. You may also
    not receive all of the originally included accessories, manuals and
    CDs. If I was looking for that type of camera, I might take a
    chance for prices up to $100 if the condition appears to be very
    good.

    Amazon shows three used SD700 IS cameras, with asking prices of
    $100, $195 and $708, shipping not included. Maybe the asking price
    is determined by the quality of the gift wrapping. :)

    ASAAR, Jul 8, 2008

  3. ransley Guest

    On Jul 8, 12:21 am, wrote:
    > These are selling pretty good on ebay.  I am not familiar with Canon
    > digital cameras, but heard that they are pretty damn good.  After i
    > bid on one of these SD700is models last week, offering a measly $35.00
    > (which i was quickly outbid), the final auction price was like
    > $140.00.  Are these one of those cameras that are must haves?  Anyone
    > know of any features that this camera has that others DON'T have?  Or
    > is it just one of those GOOD cameras out there that are very
    > dependable?
    >
    > Interesting enough, some nut on ebay is asking $400 for one.  OR is
    > that person a nut?  Are they worth $400?

    Have someone that knows cameras check it out quickly, used is used and
    possibly abused.

    ransley, Jul 9, 2008