Canon SD700 - How to remove faceplate?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ZRexRider, Feb 10, 2007.

  1. ZRexRider

    ZRexRider Guest

    Hi,

    I have a new SD700 that I dropped (less than 17") and it obviously
    landed on a stress point which allowed the top seam to pop open (3
    little tabs with catch-holes popped to the outside of top seam).
    There is nothing else wrong with the camera other than this.

    I've removed two tiny Phillips screws on the right (looking at front
    of camera) and one on bottom which loosened the face plate up nicely
    but the left site (having no screws) will not allow me to remove the
    face so that I can properly re-seat these tabs. All other screws
    "appear" to be fastening the more meatier parts of the camera - all on
    the back half.

    I hate to give the camera up for a long period plus pay technician
    fees for something that could be simple. Does anyone have any
    experience with this camera or have some ideas regarding what type of
    tricky latch/connection they might be using for the non-screw side of
    the faceplate?

    If you know were I can get a PDF service manual that would be great
    too.

    Thanks

    ZRexRider, Feb 10, 2007

  2. ZRexRider

    Daryl Bryant Guest

    That's the Elph, isn't it - how do you like it?

    If it were mine I'd carefully dismantle it...unless it was the IS version!

    --
    Bing Bang Boom Voila Done!

    Daryl Bryant, Feb 10, 2007

  3. ZRexRider

    ZRexRider Guest

    If you look at the camera front on:

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd700is/Images/SD700_3q.jpg

    There are two screws on the right (seen in picture) (easy)
    One screw on bottom (easy)
    Three latch tabs along inside top of back cover - they reach under
    front cover and catch on nubs on the front cover.
    My problem is the nice tight looking seam along the left. I have the
    whole face cover loose and ready to come off but somehow the leftmost
    seam is still locked tight and I cannot find another screw that seems
    to be involved.

    ZRexRider, Feb 11, 2007