    minumum speed SD card I should get (for example 40X, 133X, etc), and
    what is the maximum size the camera will recognize (for example, 2GB or
    less)?

    Ablang, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Ablang

    fauger Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. ? "Ablang" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    news:...
    > I want to use my Canon SD600 to be able to record video. What is the
    > minumum speed SD card I should get (for example 40X, 133X, etc), and
    > what is the maximum size the camera will recognize (for example, 2GB or
    > less)?

    Have you checked your camera's manual?It should normally say.E.g. my sony
    dcr hc32-e camcorder can take up to a 1 gig memory stick duo pro for taking
    stills.Your camera manual should specify exactly what type and size it can
    use.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Dec 13, 2006
  4. Ablang

    Bucky Guest

    Ablang wrote:
    > I want to use my Canon SD600 to be able to record video. What is the
    > minumum speed SD card I should get (for example 40X, 133X, etc), and
    > what is the maximum size the camera will recognize (for example, 2GB or
    > less)?

    640x480 at 30 fps takes about 2MBytes/s. Each "x" speed is 150KBytes.
    So you need about 12-16x.

    I have a standard Sandisk 512MB, which does not specify speed, but can
    record at 640x480@30fps sustained. On the other hand, I have a PNY
    512MB which can only record about 1 minute before the inadequate speed
    catches up to it.

    Bucky, Dec 13, 2006